Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: garage and gate remote help
beaver34

posted on 8/12/15 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
garage and gate remote help

hi,

just fitted some electric gates to the house and we already have an electric roller door.

i want one remote to do both, i know the gates are 433 mhz but i dont know what the door is, how can you find out?

there is nothing in the box to say or on the remotes at all.

any tips?

thanks

bi22le

posted on 8/12/15 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
IIRC every consumer item is 433Mhz. Its the exact frequency which will be hard.

Split a remote case, quite often there is a sticker inside staying the frequency.

A 3rd party remote system may be able to match the code and then just replicate it.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

beaver34

posted on 8/12/15 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
IIRC every consumer item is 433Mhz. Its the exact frequency which will be hard.

Split a remote case, quite often there is a sticker inside staying the frequency.

A 3rd party remote system may be able to match the code and then just replicate it.

nothing inside the case i had it apart last night

mazie

posted on 8/12/15 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I think Bizzle is thinking of car remote fobs, not commercial access control, these can be varying frequencies based on manufacturer, batch, model, range and a country of origin.

If you can take a picture for me I may be able to help Identify. I work in access control design and manufacturing, we do a few of these ourselves .

beaver34

posted on 8/12/15 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazie
I think Bizzle is thinking of car remote fobs, not commercial access control, these can be varying frequencies based on manufacturer, batch, model, range and a country of origin.

If you can take a picture for me I may be able to help Identify. I work in access control design and manufacturing, we do a few of these ourselves .

thanks!

hizzi

posted on 8/12/15 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
finding the frequency is fairly easy with a frequency counter cheap from amateur radio suppliers, the problem you have is the frequency will also have some kind of tone encryption added to it, finding that requires more techical equipment and gets stupid.
you may be better asking the company that supplied your doors if they can link them, but is suspect not

joneh

posted on 8/12/15 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Just glue the two remotes together. Locost!
hizzi

posted on 8/12/15 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
another thought, instead of messing with the remotes. these controls will ultimatley have a power output to the door or gate motor, could you take a feed off that through a relay and run a cable to the gate motor?
tegwin

posted on 8/12/15 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Take the innards out of both remotes and then have a case 3D printed that holds them both inside

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

mazie

posted on 8/12/15 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
fairly sure that is going to be 433 ( default Euro low security stuff)
sorry here is no way to tell exactly. Theoretically it could be 318, 418, 295 mhz.

I take it you've tried to teach the controller to 'learn' your existing fob? normally this is a simple matter of pressing a learn button for every button on the fob . Or could be that one is rolling code and the other a fixed code.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 8/12/15 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
You can buy garage door remote clones from ebay sellers. I use a nice sliding front chrome one for my garage door.

You just hold them together press the old remote while telling the cloner to clone. Can run several remotes in one.

Worth a try they aren't expensive

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.