Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Star Wars Film and very young kids
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/12/16 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
New Star Wars Film and very young kids

Hi,

Just seen the new Starwars film which I won’t spoil but only to say, it might be considered after seeing it not overly appropriate to let children under 10 watch it as it is quite violent and graphic in a kind of Terminator/Independence day apocalypse way and may scare the cr%p out young kids. Mind this is from someone brought up on Hell Raiser and the like. There were some very young kids around 3-5 years old in the cinema who obviously were there with the their Starwars loving folks but should perhaps have been left at home to watch the Night Garden…

[Edited on 19/12/16 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 19/12/16 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I can wait until its on TV, But my son said, he wasn't to impressed with the first 30 mins, but Grandson loved the film

On a similar vain, we took our Grandaughter to see Peter Pan Panto last night, why do people take babies to an evening performance ? one cried the whole way through !

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/12/16 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
we're too PC these days, if that was an adult (ok not crying...) but making a disruption though out the performance they'd have been asked to leave, but if it's a baby no one want's to say anything in case they get in trouble. Even parents can be very stupid sometimes, just cos they have a baby doesn't mean it's alright to be an ignorant ass.

[Edited on 19/12/16 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
geoff shep

posted on 19/12/16 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Isn't that why it's got a 12A rating?
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/12/16 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by geoff shep
Isn't that why it's got a 12A rating?

most likely however that has not stopped people taking in kids much younger, perhaps not realising the films content. Even with a 12A I could just take my 3 year old (glad I didn't) though she has watched all but the last two previous Starwars films with no bother, I wouldn't let her see the rest till she's older.

JoelP

posted on 19/12/16 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I read a detailed review regarding kids suitability, which said it had a high body count but without excess gory detail, but one potentially bad scene for young kids regarding a parent dying in bloody detail. Mine are 5 and 7,but I'll just have a chat with them in advance that it's just a film and not real etc.

Cheers for the heads up though!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

coozer

posted on 20/12/16 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I was 8 years old when me dad took me to the pictures to see Enter the Dragon...

Been a fan of Bruce ever since...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.