Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Introducition
Budaholic

posted on 1/7/18 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Introducition

Hey guys

Quick intro.

My name is Mark, I've lived in Hertfordshire now for nearly 20 years, but Enfield, North London born and raised.
I work in Harlow, Essex for a company owned by my son as a Technical Services and Compliance Manager. (It's not as boring as it sounds)

For a long time I had an interest in the Kit Car scene and used to attend the shows years ago (Stoneleigh and Warwick). I always longed for a Cobra replica back then, which I may still achieve, you never know.

Then various commitments saw me neglect my interests for a long time.

Well, now I have gone and acquired an MK Indy R and through a little searching on here it seems to have been built by member who goes by the name of martyn_16v. Not sure he posts here any more though.

Car is Black and White and runs a C20XE on GSXR1000 TBs. Generally a really nice build, but it could do with a few alterations.

Unfortunately when I got it, it was in need of a little TLC having various leaks and deteriorated bushes and joints. And so it is currently in a state of disassembly.
I do however intend to get her back on the road and track before the end of summer.

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum if I can, and I may possibly be calling on those in the know when I get stumped.

There you go, that's me.

Budaholic

robinsoncrusoe55

posted on 1/7/18 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Big welcome Mark !! .....

...... and good luck with the rebuild, lots of pictures please !

Andybarbet

posted on 1/7/18 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome & we need pictures :-) its always interesting to see newly acquired projects.

I was born in Chase Farm, raised in Cheshunt & now reside a little bit further north.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

nick205

posted on 2/7/18 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard

Feel free to ask questions, there's plenty on here who'll contribute useful answers.

I don't know you're area, but you may also find there's a local kit car club for you to meet with. I did when I had my MK Indy and being able to talk over different aspects and look at other prople's cars was always useful.

chrisbmxr

posted on 2/7/18 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome!

Like me, sounds like you've bought a great car with a few bits to do to keep you busy! This forum has proven very valuable to me already!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.