Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alfa nord 2 litre alfetta engine value?
paulf

posted on 30/6/20 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Alfa nord 2 litre alfetta engine value?

I have been clearing out my garage to make room for lathe mill etc and have come across an Alfa 2.0 twincam engine that has been there for the last 20 years.I was going to adapt it to an mgb gearbox and build a 30s style special but dont see myself getting around to it in the near future and have decided to sell it to make space.
When i got it they were not particularly rare but now there are very few for sale and they seem to make silly money ,i have seen blocks for £450 and engines for £600 upwards ,I was just going to put it on ebay as suitable for a rebuild and see what i got for it but im reluctant to sell on there now i have an idea of value, as ebay fees are to high nowadays and hope to sell it on an alpha forum even if i have to join to sell it.
Can anyone advise on realistic value or suitable sites to sell it ?
Paul.

[Edited on 30/6/20 by paulf]

[Edited on 1/7/20 by paulf]

cliftyhanger

posted on 1/7/20 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
You could wait for an ebay "max £1 fees" weekend, that is what I do for anything worth more than £20.
Otherwise there will be the facebook pages but loads of cretins, but that applies to almost any sales pages these days.

sebastiaan

posted on 1/7/20 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Stick it on alfaowner, along with some clear pictures of engine and engine number. Also include a clear shot of the front of the engine which has markings just above the head gasket (so on the head...) that give additional clarity if block & head "belong" together.

Rock bottom prices for an unknown but rotating bare engine here (NL, not UK) is around 350€. Most asking prices for bare engines are around 1k€ and around 1200-1500 if it includes carbs, alt, etc. If you have the carbs, also take pictures of the tags that should still be attached to the jet covers.

Or sell it to me for 100 quid ;-)

Sebastiaan

https://www.alfaowner.com/forums/general-classifieds-section.73/

sebastiaan

posted on 1/7/20 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, and ALFA, not Alpha. You Heathen ;-)
nick205

posted on 1/7/20 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan

Correct

A time in life when the spelling is important if you want to reach the right audience and value.

SJ

posted on 1/7/20 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

When I was a lad a bloke at work used to call my 'Sud and Alfa Romero. Used to drive me nuts!

paulf

posted on 1/7/20 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan

Corrected now and thanks for the info,I think I will sell it and let someone in need use it.
Paul.

hobbsy

posted on 3/7/20 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
It's a 2% final value fee thing on eBay for the next few days. May not be all accounts though
steve m

posted on 3/7/20 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay is very very unpredictable selling platform, as last year I sold 4 xflow engines, as no longer required now

Two, that were good spec 1660/1630, that I reckoned at about £800 both sold for just under £1500

Yet the full maxed out 1700 xflow, with big valve headand ported , 285 cam, double valve spings, lightend and balanced bottom end, in fact this was my best engine ever, and as the other two sold at a very good price, this was a £1500 engine all day

It made £720,

The 1300 xflow, that was the original in my 7, when I first got on the road, but did need a rebuild, sold for less than £100

When you add in the ebay paypal fees, you need to take 15% off for costs

Coupled with the tyre kickers and wasters,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.