Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car Photography
Slater

posted on 16/8/20 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Car Photography

I was out for a drive with my daughter a few weeks ago and decided to head into the countryside north of Wimborne Minster and head for a nice avenue of trees where I had been twice before, previous time there were supercars complete with models posing for pics. On the way there I was talking to my daughter about getting some decent pics of my car in a nice setting, so we arrive at the avenue and there is a hot hatch parked in the middle of the road with a young chap taking photos (it's a very quiet road). I squeezed past, had a quick chat with the driver and parked 100 m up the road, got out and we took some pics with my phone, after 10 mins or so, the young photographer down the road walks up and asks if he can take some pics on my car, I was fine with this and turns out he has a keen interest in cars and amateur photography, I got his e-mail address and he's sent me some of the pics.

His pics are way better than mine, hey presto...I've ended up with some nice pics of the kit in a nice setting.

P.S. The avenue of trees is at Moor Crichel, seems like they use the location as backdrop on shoots for car magazines.

My pic...

[Edited on 16-8-20 by Slater]

[Edited on 16-8-20 by Slater]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

gremlin1234

posted on 16/8/20 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
its nice when it works out like that

good pics ;-)

snapper

posted on 16/8/20 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
This will sound a bit negative but trust me it’s not, it’s professional feedback. I am a professional photographer of many decades, the photos are good but I would have moved the car out of the shadows.
In the first phot move the car 1 car width to left of photo or put some flash in to lift the shadows, just a light fill.
2nd photo Move back to the area of the toad with less shadow of again add some fill flash.

Again no criticism but you don’t learn unless you have polite critical input.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/8/20 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking at that and thinking...that is what I want my car to look like Maybe with yellow wheels though but looks fab
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slater

posted on 17/8/20 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments, and if I see the young photographer chap again I'll pass on your comments Snapper.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.