Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear arches fitted
shortie

posted on 5/4/05 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Rear arches fitted

Fitted the other rear arch last night, all I can say is I wish MK would sort out that back panel and make it the right width!!

Oh well didn't turn out too bad anyway

Rear end
Rear end

nick205

posted on 5/4/05 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
looks good shortie

What is wrong with the MK rear panel? I'm about to fit mine, so any pointers would be helpful.

Cheers

Nick

shortie

posted on 5/4/05 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Nick,

Basically the panel is a bit too wide for the rear of the car so you end up with a gap at the top of the arch where the side and rear panels meet.

I had already stuck and riveted my side panels which meant that I could not pack out behind the side and back panels at the top which I reckon if I could have done then I could have made the gap much smaller.

What ended up happening is that as you rivet the arch on it pulls in at the top and therefore makes the arch not sit horizontal which then means you have to jiggle it about to make it look ok which is a pain.

HTH, U2U me know if you need anymore info, I'd be happy to talk it through if you like as it might save you alot of hassle and it's a bit disheartening when due to no fault of your own you can't get it to go right!

Rich.

tom_loughlin

posted on 5/4/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
looks like you have had exactly the same past few days as me mate - fitting the rear arches etc...
its so nice to have a thing that resembles a car now isnt it - i live the look of the back of these cars, so wide and low - and the arches finish the job nicely.
next stop - lights, then the back end is done!
nice work
Tom

shortie

posted on 5/4/05 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Tom,

Yep, really makes it look like a car and you are right, back looks great, am going to get some more pics tonight.

Really cracking on now, dashboard and lights next, really spurs you on when you open the garage now

Rich.

Hellfire

posted on 5/4/05 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Take a saw to the back panel and cut out what you don't need. Then reconnect the two bits and fasten it all together.

shortie

posted on 5/4/05 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Too much hassle Hellfire, would have been easy if the sidepanel wasn't bonded on already!
Guinness

posted on 5/4/05 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
So is it best to fit the rear panel first, then the sides? Am about to start tackling the bodywork and was wondering about what order to do things in.

Rear panel, side panels, nose cone, bonnet to locate scuttle, then arches?

Cheers

Mike

Crazy Jay

posted on 5/4/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thats wat i did and it went on like a dream! But make sure the bottom of the rear panel is tight against the bottom bar, makes it nice and square! (unlike the first time i fitted it )
Marcus

posted on 5/4/05 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to fit an Indy back panel onto my Locost, painted it black last week and just re-fitted. Not too much chopping about.

Marcus
[img][/img]

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
santcliff

posted on 6/4/05 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Guinness,

Best thing is to line up all the panels dry first. Then work out the order you think is best, as well as deciding what to make removable.

The back end of mine has been off and on several times.

Stuart

One o' cross beams gone owt askew ont' treddle

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.