Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: GT1 in France
Andy North

posted on 20/8/05 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
GT1 in France

I would like to thank several of you (you know who you are) for your advice/comments regarding the Canon GT1. In the end I did a PX deal with Paul Leggot of Dominator Sports Cars who is now the owner of my Tiger Super 6. I was sad to see the Tiger go, especially when all the people at the ferry port in Roscoff were pawing over it.

I have had a couple of problems so far:
Speedo not yet working (waiting on new Speedo Sensor), yellow box indicates no input signal although the connections test okay.
Battery does not appear to be holding a charge.
It also cut out three times on one hot day, but started on the button straight away.

I know I am still on cloud nine, but as for the car itself, I can't praise it enough. From my limited time with it, Paul has done a great job putting it together, and as you can see from the pictures was creative with the front end for the SVA. It actually had a different front end and two silencers on for the SVA.

The engine, AWSOME
The chassis, FANTASTIC handling (although I am taking it easy) and very pretty with the bodywork off.

Still debating if this is all Paul or if it is down to the superb quality of the kit supplied by MK.

I did not get to see the Dominator while I was in Hull, but if the GT1 is anything to go by, the Dominator http://www.dominatorsportscars.co.uk/ or the GTR supplied by http://www.spiresportscars.co.uk./ are well worth a look.

I have yet to meet the Gendarme (Police), but I think it could become interesting when they do finally see it, even though I am 100% legal!

[Edited on 20/8/05 by Andy North] Rescued attachment DSCF0888.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0888.JPG

Avoneer

posted on 20/8/05 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
If i'm not much mistaken, that is definately the work of MK and not Paul.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 20/8/05 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
It was Pauls car, purchased from MK

Cheers

Chris

Avoneer

posted on 20/8/05 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Nice looking car to.

I do think the GT1 is one of the nicest full bodied kits out there and would seriously consider one in the future (as would a few people I know) if they don't become extinct!

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 20/8/05 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Totally agree

Guinness

posted on 20/8/05 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I can't think of much better in life than blasting round the French countryside disturbing the peace in a GT1, with the sun beating down on your head and a nice bottle of wine waiting for you when you get back.

Mike

andyps

posted on 22/8/05 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great - should be terrific to drive on the roads round there. I have stayed at Gare de Motreff (between Gourin and Carhaix) for my holiday for the last couple of years - lovely area.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.