Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Just cant make my mind up.......
IWantOne

posted on 11/10/05 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just cant make my mind up.......

would these wheels look good on my Indy??? what do you think?

they do them in all black. decisions..!!!

[Edited on 11/10/05 by IWantOne] Rescued attachment wolfrace.jpg
Rescued attachment wolfrace.jpg

donut

posted on 11/10/05 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Goddamn sexy wheels there.

i would have them in black myself...infact i think i will

[Edited on 11/10/05 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 11/10/05 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
....just like the black ones I want
How much?
Col

zxrlocost

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate I have just purchased some pro race 1's in 16", they are lightweight wheels or deffinetley lighter anyway!

lot of talk on here about 15" wheels being the best for all round use theres no denying it

SOME 17" look tasty but there more for pimping it

where as I want looks as well as everything else

so went for 16" there black with tr1s tyres 560 quid

and there team dynamics with it stamped around the edge

personally dont think those will suit the MK there needs to be some kind of deep dish or ,multi spoke IMHO..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-100-Pro-Race-1-Black-Alloy-Wheels-with-Tyres_W0QQitemZ8005921089QQcategoryZ28648QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you have to phone them for 16"

15" wheels are to small!

hth chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

IWantOne

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
have a look here

http://www.potn.com/-_c1_33_5288_p1011038.htm

zxrlocost

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
if its 17" you deff want then go on rochford tyres

www.alloywheels.com click there ebay shop and go on 17" price lowest first theyve got some good deals

otherwise these are the way forward on an mk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-Wolfrace-Octane-Black-Alloy-Wheels-Only_W0QQitemZ8005332641QQcategoryZ72254QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

IWantOne

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
i have to ask the question again. 15", 16" or 17"

i am stuck with my 3.62 diff so going to 17" will help my top speed. what do you think??

the all black would look the business....

[Edited on 11/10/05 by IWantOne]

Mad Dave

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

personally dont think those will suit the MK there needs to be some kind of deep dish or ,multi spoke

Thats why I chose these

Angled fog light (balsa wedge, filler + black satin spray)
Angled fog light (balsa wedge, filler + black satin spray)

quote:

i am stuck with my 3.62 diff so going to 17" will help my top speed. what do you think??

Just because you have a 3.62 diff doesn't mean you have to go for 17's. Around your favourite roads you probably won't hit top speed (unless you favourite is a motorway), you will find that 120-125mph in one of these cars is plenty

Dave

[Edited on 11/10/05 by Mad Dave]

zxrlocost

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
this is all in My honest opinion

if you arent bothered what others think and the car is going to be for road race etc then 15" is what you want

cheap tyres etc even performance tyres are about 35 quid

Ive gone for 16" because I still want looks and handling/good acceleration etc so I think Ive done the best thing.

17" some look good some look TOO BIG

and apparently if your cars back end goes round a bend etc you may aswell and if you know what I mean

15" look shite if you wan tlooks aswell there just to small in 2005 although OX has some 15" on his but because they are black they look much better and bigger!

hope that helps

Mad Dave

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

15" look shite if you want looks

I don't understand this. Why do you think that bigger wheels look better? I personally think smaller wheels look more in proportion to the car and think that 17" wheels look shite

zxrlocost

posted on 11/10/05 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
thats why I have gone for 16" mate

to keep it all in portion

most 15's dont look good although some that are spoked etc look bigger than they are I must admit

IWantOne

posted on 11/10/05 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like i need 16". thanks for all your help.
Hellfire

posted on 11/10/05 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Your choice of wheels at 16" will be quite limited.

zilspeed

posted on 11/10/05 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Bah humbug, the youth of today, never had it so lucky, you lot don't even know you've been born etc.........
There is only one size for wheels

13"

zetec

posted on 11/10/05 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'll second the 13" option but they won't fit over rear Sierra discs. Far better suited to the car with 60 ratio tyres.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

skydivepaul

posted on 11/10/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO i think the 15" wheels look great. Back in the old days 13" was all you got for your locost, westie etc and they looked o.k. and in proportion. Get some 15's and spend the rest of the money on some proper tyres, you'll have much more choice of tyres at this size and they wont be expensive for a good set (yokohamas, avons etc) I dont want to preach but they are the only thing keeping you and your pride and joy on the road and they're often overlooked.

Just take a look at my video at Elvington
http://213.232.107.209/~clearimageuk/links.htm near the end of the video Paul fisher comes past and goes into the top bend 15 mph plus than I was taking that corner that day. I try to follow him round at that speed and i'm straight into the weeds. I was running Marshall tyres that came with the car when I bought it (they're straight in the bin when they've worn down some more) and Paul is on a good set (yoko's I think)

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

Hellfire

posted on 11/10/05 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skydivepaul
Paul fisher comes past and goes into the top bend 15 mph plus than I was taking that corner that day. I try to follow him round at that speed and i'm straight into the weeds. I was running Marshall tyres that came with the car when I bought it (they're straight in the bin when they've worn down some more) and Paul is on a good set (yoko's I think)

Kumho's that particular day The road legal slicks (well, they might have been before the track day. Just might ).

IWantOne

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
now im totally confused!!!...i know it dont take a lot. 15" with sticky tyres?
zxrlocost

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
what everyones saying some people still have 13"wheels!

the general thing is that 15" wheels with certain tyres ie : toyo tr1s or yoko A? would be ideal

I just personally think that 15" wheels look lost thats only my opinion wheels make the car everyone knows that

some tyres are also like race slicks but they are road legal they wear down very quick though

then if you want 16" wheels you are limited

but I showed you an excellent set yesterday

at least with 16" the handling should still be very good and the car will look better obviously.. whilst maintaining most of the original characterisitics of the car...

I have gone for toyo tr1s tyres 195/45/16
these have had loads of good reviews for in the wet and dry and they last a while aswell

with 17" wheels some look excellent/some look to big.
some people say the handling is not affected some say its a death wish if your back end goes and theres a nice wall...

different people say different things...

its all to do with the profile of the tyre ie 40mm on 17" getting to low apparently..

does the above help!

chris

andygtt

posted on 12/10/05 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skydivepaul Paul fisher comes past and goes into the top bend 15 mph plus than I was taking that corner that day. I try to follow him round at that speed and i'm straight into the weeds. I was running Marshall tyres that came with the car when I bought it (they're straight in the bin when they've worn down some more) and Paul is on a good set (yoko's I think)

Doesn't Paul run 17's on his blade engined car?

And lets dispense with the myth that rim size is what dictates top speed/gearing. Its the tyre that does that, you just have to vary the profile and width to give you the relevant RR.

I'm going for 17's for no other reason than I already have 2 sets lying around crying to be used, I'll just have to live with the weight penalty on the unsprung weight..... although convinently the range for stick tyres for 17's is becoming very large now apparently.

Andy

please redefine your limits.

Hellfire

posted on 12/10/05 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Yep. Paul runs 17's without too many problems.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.