Poll: who will win the aussie F1 race.... [View Results]
M. Schumacher will win.
A ferrari will win.
A total no hoper will win.
one of the other 'usual suspects' will win
I gave up yonks ago cos watching my dog scratch is more interesting

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: who will win the aussie F1 race....
stephen_gusterson

posted on 7/3/03 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
who will win the aussie F1 race....

So.

Lotsa changes.

Any different outcomes?

Metal Hippy™

posted on 7/3/03 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
I voted for the blank one because I'm awkward.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

auzziejim

posted on 7/3/03 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
the only change that really will make a difference to the top 6/7 is that there is no pit/car radio contact so top drivers are going to need to use their own brains as to tactics and pitting!

the loss of traction control will make a HUGE gap between the good (who can control the car) and the mediocre (who cant)

Il prolly watch but my guess is that it will be just as boring as last season!

James

Northy

posted on 7/3/03 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK they still have pit to car radio, they decided not to ban it, only car to pit telemetry. This will cause more cost in the future as the top teams will put THREE sensors on each thing they monitor, and use electronics to fix problems on the car instead of doing it from the pits. Could Minardi afford that?

You WILL NOT see cars sliding about when traction control is banned, as if they get past a certain slip angle (or something like that!) with grooved tires it shags them! The only way to see sideways action again is big, wide slicks!

Enough for now, I'm an F1 geek.

Oh, BTW it will be interesting till Schumi passes all the people that qualified infront of him on the grid because they qualified on fumes!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 8/3/03 at 03:38 AM Reply With Quote
As I sit here listening to them all qualifying, I wonder to myself if I could be ar$ed to go accross the park in the blazing sun and watch them. Nah! I'll just stay in here in the shade, watch them on TV with the sound down, and listen to them live.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 9/3/03 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Voting still open.

I voted for a total no hoper after Coulthard won.. Schumachers car looked like mine with all the bits falling off it.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

theconrodkid

posted on 9/3/03 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
i watch a few laps then watched my dog scratch,lot more interesting,might even do the washing up

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

gjn200

posted on 9/3/03 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I voted "blank". My expression after I watched the last bit where 2nd, 3rd,4th could'nt overtake as it would "effect their areodynamics" Yawn.............................

<- Me!

Simon

posted on 9/3/03 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Watched a couple of qualifying races to the 2002 Belgian Truck Grand Prix last night.

Far more interesting than anything involving that German Cobbler.

ATB

Simon

David Jenkins

posted on 10/3/03 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I voted "blank". My expression after I watched the last bit where 2nd, 3rd,4th could'nt overtake as it would "effect their areodynamics" Yawn.............................

Perhaps they need the devices fitted to CART cars - it's something that fits on the bck of the rear wing, which enhances the tow received by the car behind.

The effect is that any car that can get close behind the leader can usually overtake - but then the one overtaken gets the good tow!

Leads to a lot of to-and-froing in the race - good to watch.

David

theconrodkid

posted on 10/3/03 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
my oppo described the first few laps as "exciting"id hate to see a boring F1 race

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/3/03 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
thats called a hansford device David. Fitted to the top edge of the rear wing.

F1 are starting to learn that Indy does things better in some ways. Indy practices adopted over the years have been refuelling, individual qualifying and
safety cars.

I wonder if they will ever do rolling starts?

One thing indy is better in is safety. The amount of times they leave a car in a dangerous position or have crap on the track is one day gonna kill someone. Cart bring a safety car out and sort it. It might lead to some disjointed racing, but at leat it will cut shus 50 second leads. Before the pace car came out, shu had a 10 sec lead over 3rd place in - was it - lap three?

I think most of the exitement was weather related. Expect next race to be much more tame.

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.