Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Guess who just stacked their Locost?
Champion Builder

posted on 13/3/03 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Guess who just stacked their Locost?

Jus went out for a blast after receiving shitty exam results, lost control after a sideways bend, hit the verge, took off, cleared a 6-foot ditch and landed in a field.
Guess how much damage??- 1 bent wishbone! Jus goes to show the hardcore nature of locosts!

If it isn't low-cost it isn't locost!

Metal Hippy™

posted on 13/3/03 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Fuckin' heck.

Any bumps and bruises or were you firmly strapped down?

Lucky escape by the sounds anyway...

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Champion Builder

posted on 13/3/03 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
No bumps or bruises, but managed to clock up quite a few extra air miles. I was very lucky indeed, and i could even restart the engine (which had come off of its mountings) and drive out of the field!!

If it isn't low-cost it isn't locost!

auzziejim

posted on 13/3/03 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
u lucky motherfu
also wouldnt it be safer to punch a wall next time your pissed off?

James

Browser

posted on 14/3/03 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Echoing Aussiejims's sentiments, DON'T DRIVE WHEN ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Take deep breaths, count to 10/100/1000 (delete when calm!) or hit something inanimate. Everyone turns into a Martin Schanke clone when behind the wheel and annoyed!
P.S. please realise how bloomin' lucky you were!

Simon

posted on 18/3/03 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I did this once too (well I was 17 at the time), not such drastic result though.

I'd just had some bad news, went for a mad drive in my Beetle (in the snow), lost the plot slightly and slid into a (snow covered) grass verge. No damage, but I cooled down pretty quick afterwards!!

Auzziejim

"..also wouldnt it be safer to punch a wall next time your pissed off"

Done that too. Unfortunately it was a plasterboard wall, and my foot went straight through. So I went for a walk instead. 22 miles!!!!!!

ATB

Simon

jollygreengiant

posted on 21/3/03 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Funniest angry was a chap rebuilding his XR3-RST, Slipped the drive shafts into the gearbox, then on the offside front turned round bent down, picked up the nut & washer for the drive shaft and span round/stood up to fit shaft into hub. Poor sod poked himself straight in the eye with the end off the drive shaft. Said some very rude words while clutching his face and turned round again and kicked a plastic buket. Hard. He was wearing steel toe caps, & he broke the bucket with his foot/bucket staying firmly attached together and rattling well from the collection of nuts & bolts kept in bucket (now ex bucket). then he tries to stamp around in anger & frustration but the bucket is still attached (& heavy) and to make matters worse we had a slippery plastisised coating on the floor. next his arms & legs are flailing like propellers gone mad as he tries (in vain, hopelesly in vain) to remain standing. Smack goes his head on the floor. Total time was about 5 seconds but it was soooooo funny.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.