Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Lotus Elise Seats????
donut

posted on 30/4/03 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Lotus Elise Seats????

Hi All

Does anyone know if Lotus Elise seats will fit in an indy? There are a pair for sale and they guy says the base (runners) are 450mm wide. I have measured the width of my seat area which comes out at 430mm.

I have seen a locost with Elise seats in but not an Indy.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Ta

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 30/4/03 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
i saw that advert somewhere too. don't know about the measurements

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dodgyroger

posted on 1/5/03 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
My seats are also 450mm wide - I fitted Cobra sevens and they fit fine in an MK Indy. The sides rub a tad but the runners move OK.

http://www.dodgyroger.com/locost

donut

posted on 1/5/03 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers DogyRoger

It looks like the seats have been sold anyway so it's back to my orig plan of the Cobra 7s.

BTW.. I like your website, it's really good with some great pictures.

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

bob

posted on 1/5/03 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
ANDY

When you go to Newlands Corner next week bring a tape measure with you,there's an elise garage round the corner.

donut

posted on 1/5/03 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Tell ya what Bob i'll just buy an Elise and nick the seats out of it and throw the rest away!

This locost saving money lark is great fun!!!!

Andy

Andy

macspeedy

posted on 1/5/03 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
asked in a local lotus dealer for a price on lotus elsie seats told £700 each and that isn't leather!! either bludy hell!
bigbravedave

posted on 16/2/05 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
Elise Seats Installed picy

Yes! Elise seats do fit into a standard book chassis,with an 1/8" all round (made to measure!) the runners however protrude at the sides and can't be used without a little butchering, simply swap the left and right rear brackets over so that the upright seat mount is on the outside of the runners instead of the inside. then cut about two inches out of the two cross members to make them narrower and redrill them to line up with the bolts under the seats, then weld them back together, now the runners sit under the seats instead of at each side and can be bolted sideways to the chasiss rails, the end result is extreamly neat and worth the headache. Tight but sometimes that can be a good thing! you can get a decent pair off ebay for 150 - 250 quid, worth it alone for the novalty factor of the inflateable pump up backs. Rescued attachment 109-0983_IMG.JPG
Rescued attachment 109-0983_IMG.JPG

alister667

posted on 16/2/05 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
The one obvious problem with the elise seats, I would have thought, is that they'll absorp the rain/wet. The Cobra sevens are vinyl all over and don't allow the rain to soak into them - they're wipe dry, as are the GRP type seats MK sell. I imagine the suede areas of the elise seats would take a long time to dry out.
All the best
Ali

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

Mix

posted on 16/2/05 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Elise seats are 415mm, at the widest point of the seat base, this is not compressable upholstery.
Roadster Sevens are 470mm but this is compressable.

Mick

bigbravedave

posted on 16/2/05 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Elise Seats

Yeah, I'll admit that alcantara seats in a car with no roof isn't exactly genius! but fear not, they do come in a leathery vinal finish but even alcantara can be treated and waterproofed (how that works I have no idea) oh well, bin bags at the ready or maybe some weather gear when funds + wife allow!
paulbeyer

posted on 17/2/05 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Alcantara is waterproof. It was designed for the marine industry, for speed boats etc.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

bigbravedave

posted on 18/2/05 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
elise seats

if alcantaras waterproof then what do they upholster lotus seats in, as they seam to go a bit like bobbley cardboard when they get wet and dry out, did lotus really resort to swade? supose theyre not exactly short of cows in northfolk!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.