Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: lots of small questions
jabbahutt

posted on 30/7/06 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
lots of small questions

Hi

I have several small questions which I thought I'd group together so even if you can only help with one it would be appreciated so here goes

1) can anyone supply links to photos showing brake pipe routing before I dive in and make a hash of it, I'm using the pre cut kit supplied by MK, I've seen some where the brake pipe travels down the tunnel at hight level and others low so it would be good to see more before making a decision

2) with SVA in mind what is the best method of securing the pipes to the chassis, again I've seen several methods.

3) do the flexible brake pipes connect directly to the copper pipes or is there some sort of adapter in between also best place to locate home made brackets so not to foul anything

4) What is the best method for shortening a standard handbrake cable so it's reliable (only have standard tool kit)

5) About to source a master cylinder probably Bendix, I've seen two types one where the front outlet is angled and costs an extra £30 any adavantages/disadvantes to either type

Last for now any idea where I can source two pinch bolts for the front hubs as to secure the front wings as a normal bolt doesn't seem to fit and Ford no longer supply them

Apologies for the lengthy post but I thought beter to post one than several and again thanks in advance for taking the time to answer any of these

JoelP

posted on 30/7/06 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
Last for now any idea where I can source two pinch bolts for the front hubs as to secure the front wings as a normal bolt doesn't seem to fit and Ford no longer supply them

drill the hole/thread out, and just use a longer bolt and a seperate nut.

darrenga

posted on 30/7/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
this is where i ran my brake lines,sorry pic a bit big Rescued attachment P1010023.JPG
Rescued attachment P1010023.JPG

darrenga

posted on 30/7/06 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
as above Rescued attachment P1010024.JPG
Rescued attachment P1010024.JPG

DIY Si

posted on 30/7/06 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
1) Can't help as I didn't build mine, but genrally where ever is easiest to place and secure it.
2) Rubber lined P clips are the best option.
3) The pipes can be directly attached, but can also go through a bracket to aid general location of the pipework.
4)No idea.
5)The main thing to worry about is getting the correct bore and otherwise anything that fits is the one to get.

Hellfire

posted on 30/7/06 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
A few on our website... sorry they are not bigger

LINKY

HTH - Steve

esn163

posted on 30/7/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi ,

1) Got a few photos of ours some showing the system more complete than others - may or not be useful but you can get an idea of where the system runs.

In tunnel brake lines on ours are running down the bottom rail on the drivers side.

2) We used plastic P Clips all round to secure hoses to the chassis but metal ones are stronger but only use ones with protective lining.

3) Yes the flexies just bolt through a homemade bracket into the copper brake pipes. The brackets are just placed in the most conveniant place for your setup, many people do this differently.

4) MK Sportscars advised us to cut one end off, feed it through the system, then shorten / refix a replacement end using a small brass cable end thing fitted with a tiny grubscrew. - Still secure so far.

HTH

Ed

[Edited on 30/7/06 by esn163]

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
indykid

posted on 31/7/06 at 12:36 AM Reply With Quote
and just to be different, this is my rear routing.

it means you can use the t piece as a bracket for a flexi. the other side is an ali plate rivetted to the chassis.

tom Rescued attachment 2004_0503stoe.jpg
Rescued attachment 2004_0503stoe.jpg

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.