Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: not impressed with flux insurance
john_p_b

posted on 30/8/06 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
not impressed with flux insurance

got renewal through the other day for my indy. £298 same as i paid last year so didn't think much of it.

looked through the details today and it's a pile of shit! registered 1998, red in colour and valued at 6k.

1. was the indy about in 1998!?! should be 2005

2. it's blatantly not red. they even have pictures i sent them.

3. i paid an extra £23 premium to increase the value to 8k from 6k which i sent attached to a letter from andy at MKOC stating the value of the vehicle to be 8k. funny thing is they know they had the cheque and they cashed it yet they deny ever getting the written valuation even though i know i stapled them together!

rang em up, got told that the year of first reg said 1998 because it's a special vehicle and they have to put it through as a robin reliant!!!! but not to worry as it's on the system as 2005.

the colour doesn't matter because again it's a special vehicle so has no factory colour.

the agreed valuation is as above. basically they took my 23 quid for nothing last year and the girl said had anything happened then it would have only been covered for 6k!

Decided to look elsewhere.

tried graham sykes. 8k valuation. limited to 1000 miles a year (only done 600 this year). covered to be parked outside as this is where it is most the time now. fully comp with only £100 excess compared to the £250 with flux and all they want is £152 a year!

only catch though is i can't insure it through them til i'm 25 so would mean having the car locked up uninsured for 3 weeks (policy expires on the 6th i'm 25 on the 26th!)

would you risk it?

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Findlay234

posted on 30/8/06 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Get the flux one for a month or will they not do that?
JoelP

posted on 30/8/06 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
i would put the car in a secure garage for a few weeks, and if you are really worried about theft then just spend a few hours removing key components (ie the brake nipples etc!). Well worth it for the savings and the incompetence of flux.
john_p_b

posted on 30/8/06 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
Get the flux one for a month or will they not do that?

long story short, no. i can't even renew with them for 3 weeks and then cancel as they only give 14 days to cancel the policy or i get no refund

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

john_p_b

posted on 30/8/06 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i would put the car in a secure garage for a few weeks, and if you are really worried about theft then just spend a few hours removing key components (ie the brake nipples etc!). Well worth it for the savings and the incompetence of flux.

this is pretty much what i was thinking. there's no steering wheel, a chain around the wheel and wishbone, battery is off so they'd have to be bloody keen to move it!

rayward

posted on 30/8/06 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
have you tried footman james, couldn't beat them with my kit,bike and tintop cover.

Ray

iank

posted on 30/8/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Need to take it off the road if uninsured, just in case. Especially with the crushing of uninsured vehicles policy some areas have passed. Should really SORN it as well, but that's just paperwork and a stamp.

I'd be tempted take a wheel or two in the house as well, just to make sure they would need proper machinery to move it..

Hellfire

posted on 30/8/06 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Go back to Flux, tell them you've got a cheaper quote elsewhere. Chances are, they'll match it but make it clear that the details need to be correct on the proposal before you accept it.

Personally I wouldn't be too worried about the incompetence of the staff that work there. They're only brokers.

Phil

Jon Ison

posted on 30/8/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
On the flip side Ive been with Flux for years, they paid up and let me keep the car last year when I had a little off and the premium only went up £12 on renewal recently, I expected much more of a price hike.

john_p_b

posted on 30/8/06 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Go back to Flux, tell them you've got a cheaper quote elsewhere. Chances are, they'll match it but make it clear that the details need to be correct on the proposal before you accept it.

Personally I wouldn't be too worried about the incompetence of the staff that work there. They're only brokers.

Phil

only thing is the quotes i'm getting are for after my 25th birthday as many insurers won't touch me until i'm 25. flux are saying they will beat any quote from elsewhere but i don't think i'd have a good argument to get them down on the price at this moment in time.

john_p_b

posted on 30/8/06 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rayward
have you tried footman james, couldn't beat them with my kit,bike and tintop cover.

Ray

£192 from them. still better than flux though. while i was there though decided to put a quote through for my cosworth. been trying to get classic insurance but again i'm under 25 so its difficult to say the least. they'll cover it from my 25th for a grand total of £252 a year! i'll be saving over 500 quid on what i'm paying now on a normal fully comp policy!!!!

skidude88

posted on 31/8/06 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Did you not get a price promise with flux renewal details (pinned at the back?) - I did last month,

I'd got a better quote from these

http://www.osborneandsons.co.uk/specialcars.html#2

Call AF's bluff and - and they did the promise....knocked best part of 60 quid off what I paid them last year.

[Edited on 31/8/06 by skidude88]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.