Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy chassis measurements - help please
Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/3/07 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Indy chassis measurements - help please

Morning all,
Just after some help in working out if I can fit an MK exhaust manifold into my car (Tiger B6) please. While I can position the engine where I want it I need to work out if the angle will be correct down the side of the car so just need to calculate the angle at which the exhaust will point out (does that make sense??)
Could someone please measure their Indy chassis for me please. Easiest may i can think of is to measure straight across the chassis at two points a fixed distance apart. I can then calculate the angle and compare it to my Tiger chassis.
If someone could send me the two measurements across the car and the distance between the two measuring points then i'll get my calculator out.

Cheers
Paul

[Edited on 8/3/07 by Paul TigerB6]

fesycresy

posted on 8/3/07 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
I bought an R1 exhaust off ebay from Martin for my mac1.

I had to bolt up the exhaust to the motor on the bench and then heat up with a pepper pot and bend to the correct angle.

Fits like a glove now. Spot on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/3/07 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Now that sounds like a plan then if it doesnt fit straight away. Do you happen to have a link to MK's ebay shop at all?? Cant find it at the moment.

Cheers
Paul

Hellfire

posted on 8/3/07 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Paul, MK doesn't have an e-bay shop. It's quite rare these days that MK sells anything on e-bay. You can however contact him here

Phil

Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/3/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the responses guys. Will email Martin and check on availabilty.
Was looking at a nice ZX10R turbo that MK Sportscars are building at the moment. Also a supercharged GSXR1000!! Drove almost right past MK engineering I just realised from the motorway!!! LOL

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.