Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress
Hammerhead

posted on 25/5/07 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Progress

Not much, but feels like a big leap forward for me.
Chassis lifted over engine so I can design and fabricate my engine mounts.

Steve. Rescued attachment DSC02228 copy.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC02228 copy.jpg

Hammerhead

posted on 25/5/07 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
another Rescued attachment DSC02230 copy.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC02230 copy.jpg

Hammerhead

posted on 25/5/07 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
and another (don't know how to multiple post pics) Rescued attachment DSC02231 copy.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC02231 copy.jpg

stevec

posted on 25/5/07 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Steve.
Please put plenty of pics up so I can see how you position it.
Steve.

Hammerhead

posted on 25/5/07 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
will do steve, I will have to update my website to include the backlog of pics I have gathered.
I think positioning will be tight, the oil filter is quite close to the bottom chassis rail. I might drop the engine a little lower in the chassis as at the moment it is about 1/2" below the bottom chassis rail, I think 1" below would be ok.

I am buying a V6 type 9 rather than mess around with the standard one I have. Apparently the V6 has slightly better ratios.........we will see.

stevec

posted on 25/5/07 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Steve I did a few guesstimates on position and 1 to 1 and a half inches is about what I came up with, How far forward are you going,? I was thinking of the front of the belt cover being just under the nose cone, although further back would perhaps be better.
Good luck with finding a V6 box. I will keep an eye open.
Steve.

Hammerhead

posted on 25/5/07 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Steve I did a few guesstimates on position and 1 to 1 and a half inches is about what I came up with, How far forward are you going,? I was thinking of the front of the belt cover being just under the nose cone, although further back would perhaps be better.
Good luck with finding a V6 box. I will keep an eye open.
Steve.

I will have to take those datum points from the chassis rails as I am attempting my own design bodywork (like an idiot) so it wont actually look like an indy at all.

I have the shortened sump from caterham and would like to get over speed humps without drama, so I should think 1" below would be ok, but I took the height of the sump from the ground from my wifes merc C class and that is about 12cm which would make me sump 1/2" below the chassis.
I'm sure that 1" will be fine for me though, but I would like to get the engine as low as possble so I can design my engine cover to be low.

Edited to add: Woohoo!! just won my recon gearbox off ebay £51 for a V6 type 9 from a Capri. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow and see where it all fits together in the chassis.

[Edited on 25/5/07 by Hammerhead]

snoopy

posted on 25/5/07 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking of the front of the belt cover being just under the nose cone, although further back would perhaps be better.

cam cover needs to be under indy bonnet buldge but right at the front of the buldge if using indy bodywork and its a tight fit

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.