Board logo

OBP Clutch Pedal
Barksavon - 4/6/14 at 12:20 PM

I'm fitting an obp floor mounted pedal box to my Tiger Avon with cable clutch on a Type 9 gearbox to a Pinto engine. Has anyone got any photos of such a set up as I'm getting concerned I may not have enough travel in the pedal to pull the clutch fork in the bell housing far enough to operate the clutch. It looks as though I will have to shorten the inner cable as well, what's the best option to replace the "nipple" part on the end of the cable I cut. Any help would be appreciated as I'm starting to think I may have wasted my money on this "upgrade"
Thanks
Ian

wombat - 4/6/14 at 12:37 PM

Have you made a plate to bolt on the engine side to carry the cable? This takes up the excess slack. You need a cable with an eye type connector, then it's just a simple bolt to connect it to the pedal. Pm your email and I will send pics if someone doesn't beat me to it.....

Barksavon - 4/6/14 at 01:46 PM

Thanks wombat. U2U sent with my e mail
Ian

wombat - 4/6/14 at 02:48 PM

Have a look in my photo archive, picture Description 18 and 19 I think.

pmc_3 - 4/6/14 at 04:05 PM

Have a look here for the fitting instructions http://www.obpltd.com/index.php?route=information/downloads&d ownloads_id=66

Barksavon - 4/6/14 at 06:39 PM

Thanks guys, think I need a capri clutch cable with the eye fitting on the pedal end. Been messing with it most of today and achieved.... 4 holes in the foot well..!!!! Oh well back to the drawing board