Board logo

Avon Body Mk11
wombat - 5/11/13 at 02:54 PM

Just ordered my Avon body,bonnet and nose.
Should start looking like a car soon. Loads I can finish off and get stuck into once it arrives.
Only downside is it's gonna be just as the colder weather gets here brrrrrrr

Any tips on fitting????

MP3C - 5/11/13 at 03:48 PM

I suggest some nice thermal long johns while putting it together Post some pics when you have done it, should be nice to see

Matt

neilp1 - 18/11/13 at 08:53 PM

I've just fitted my body tub. Must admit it went much better than my first one which was also the MK2

wombat - 19/11/13 at 12:31 PM

Did you have to change it because of quality of the first one?
Did you have to trim cut much?
What's the best method of securing to chassis?

Sorry for all the questions, but as you are an expert now :-)

neilp1 - 19/11/13 at 01:09 PM

First one got damaged. It was also an older chassis.

Only bit of trimming on new tub was for the roll bar, cage, a bit around the fuel tank fixings and exhaust. Fit your number plate light before fitting the body as you have no access.

I have fitted mine with a bit of tiger seal and rivets

wombat - 5/12/13 at 08:20 PM

Had email from Tiger today, should get Fuel Tank and Body next week !
Getting excited now , big kid !

wombat - 9/12/13 at 09:07 PM

Found a decent looking number plate light, LED type 110mm long.
Do I need to fit a resistor or something electrickery to make it work or do I just wire as normal ?

wombat - 17/12/13 at 09:08 PM

After picking up my fuel tank last week, Laura at Tiger emailed today saying my bodywork will be here Monday !
Not quite sure how I'm going to escape into the garage on Xmas day to do anything........ Perhaps Boxing night whilst they are all snoozing..
Will post some pics over the break (got Friday 27th off at least) really impressed with the tank!

wombat - 24/12/13 at 01:01 PM

Got it !
Tiger delivered it to me this morning (although I only live a couple of miles down the road) great service guys.

Although all wrapped up, it looks good.

Can't wait to get it offered up and start trimming n fitting, guess that will have to wait a couple of days now.
Mrs Wombat not gonna be impressed if she finds me in the garage before the 27th

Have a good un folks