Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tiger chassis ur opinion??
johnston

posted on 18/9/02 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
tiger chassis ur opinion??

is it just me or does the avon chassis look over engineered in places??

and then the round tube at the back look as if its been done cos they had run out of square tube???

Roeland Uitslager

posted on 19/9/02 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I have that feeling as well. What I have tried is to use the design for the IRS and put that into the RC or Jim McSorely design chassis.
The amount of different types and sizes of tubes makes it more difficult as well.
Also the fact that they want to sell you the GRP tub makes it possible to have no backend with round curved tubes.

johnston

posted on 19/9/02 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
had a better look at the book 2 day is it just me or does it just give the diagrams for the rear hub carriers but not wot to make them from or how to do it.

and wot car do the wish bone bushes come from

i maybe have just missed it (flicked through it durin t-break)

but it seems more like a build manuel for the kit and how we make a 2 seater sports car rather how to make etc etc if u catch my drift

Roeland Uitslager

posted on 20/9/02 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
I agree with that, maybe that's why they give you your money back when you buy a kit or chassis from them.
Barker

posted on 20/9/02 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Anoying isnt it!

I assumed it was because they didnt wnat it going on the web.

It looks like they have fabbed it from from plate and welded the edge webbing both sides. rather than pressing plate as lolocost do.

I think theyll rush you £35 each hub but £4 per bush.

I am still wondering what to do - have rear disc brakes. MK charges £45 each but they are smarter.

Pete

Viper

posted on 2/11/02 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnston
is it just me or does the avon chassis look over engineered in places??

and then the round tube at the back look as if its been done cos they had run out of square tube???

If you mean the tube alongside the passenger compartment they are there for the Fg body work to roll over.

As far as the rear uprights go, i asked Tiger if the drawing of the upright was the nearside or offside, they couldn't tell me, i had to fab my own coz i am using cozzi shafts (they are bigger) and they couldn't tell what car the bushes came from.......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.