Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CBR 1000 RR CLUTCH
limpetminer

posted on 8/5/14 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
CBR 1000 RR CLUTCH

Anyone know where i can get a heavy duty clutch for a Tiger Avon fitted with a CBR 1000RR HONDA FIREBLADE ENGINE,is it difficult to fit & do i need any special tools?
olimarler

posted on 8/5/14 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just been on the phone to EBC about their SRK uprated street race clutch.

Apparently easy to do but need to soak plates and tool wise they recommend the clutch removing tool

Sure the knowledge on here will give you more details etc

Oli

limpetminer

posted on 8/5/14 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info,i use the car for track days mostly but went out for a quick blast up the road after winter lay up & thought i could notice a faint bit of slip so will probably fit one of these EBC kits just to make sure i dont get a problem on a track day.
speedystew

posted on 9/5/14 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
waste of time imho have a chat with Andy at ab performance all you want is barrnett clutch springs

I had an ebc race clutch that did 1 sprint at croft (full kit with their uprated springs) had a chat with jack at holeshot and he said go back to stock Honda and try his springs the clutch lasted 3 seasons and I blew the engine so who knows how long it would have lasted, the springs were 3 x stronger than the biro springs from ebc

that was a 893 motor and a few years ago

also had a problem at a test day with a blackbird engine that turned out to be oil related. we had 3 clutches in and every one of them slipped so we packed up and went home after having a chat with jack again he said change the oil to Castrol gps, I wasn't sure but did what he said...... clutch slip gone I couldn't believe it was down to oil but you live and learn

my car that I have just sold has a cbr 1000 rr7 motor with standard plates and barrnett springs from ab performance

duratec,it's so last year

limpetminer

posted on 11/5/14 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, i will give AB Performance a ring they put the engine in the car originally i think.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.