Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Please can someone check some dims!
punker

posted on 23/6/03 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Please can someone check some dims!

can anyone help i'm stuck! I need 3 dimensions checked on the chassis. The three i need are; measured down the centreline of the chassis.

1: from the horizontal tube halfway up the chassis seat back to the 1st horizontal tube that takes the steering column brackets. (basically the length of the top of the transmission tunnel (19mm box part)) acording to the book it should be 220+770=990.

2: from the 1st horizontal tube that takes the steering column brackets to the next full width horizontal tube (860 long, top rear engine bay) this, acording to the book should be 407 ext.

3: from the top rear engine bay tube (860 long) to the very front top horizontal tube (front of engine bay) acording to the book should be 868 (or 893 ext.)

any help would mean i CAN get this chassis built as there is no where near enough info on the drawings.

p.s. if anyone is building the chassis the top side tubes that the book says are 1520 long are infact 1535 long.

Avoneer

posted on 23/6/03 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Try posting on http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tigerracing/
Got my shell on so hard to measure, but there are a few without on that forum.
Pat..www.mytigeravon.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eenud

posted on 24/6/03 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have checked the dimensions on my chassis which was Tiger built so...........

If I have understood your descriptions they are as follows.

The measurements are taken between the tubes so if you want centre to centre add 25mm.

1. 960 from upper edge to upper edge of the cross tubes.

2. 360

3. 850

Hope that helps

Ian

punker

posted on 27/6/03 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
yeh that helps cheers.

mines almost the same, its a bit different to the book!

does your bodywork fit ok?

Northy

posted on 27/6/03 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Have you checked the web site set up by the publishers of the book? I can't remember the web address. There are now drawings on there showing the correct dimensions.

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
punker

posted on 27/6/03 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
yeh ive checked it but even some of the updated dimensions are wrong.

so much for an update, i think they need to start again!!!!!

Northy

posted on 27/6/03 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
How long ago did you check it? Did it have on there about the Zetec bonnet and CF dash?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

eenud

posted on 27/6/03 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Punker,

I have not decided on the bodywork yet. I may add some bits and go for an alloy body. So far it's not an issue as I have not had much time to make major progress on the build.

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.