Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Part built Avon wanted
flange nut

posted on 19/7/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Part built Avon wanted

Hi,

Anyone out there know of a part built Avon wanting some TLC?

Geoff

Mark Allanson

posted on 19/7/12 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I think they all need TLC

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

trextr7monkey

posted on 19/7/12 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
the wit of the Locostbilders!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

jossey

posted on 19/7/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
There was one on eBay which ended last week without a winner at £1500 with all wishbones engine brakes wheels etc but not out together.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tiger Super Six

posted on 20/7/12 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
How much are you wanting to spend, there's a built one for £4k (to a pretty good spec) but it's not IVA'd, could be a good buy to the right person.

NTDWM - http://viatron.websitetoolbox.com/post/avon-raceroad-car-now-on-ebay-5889984

Mark

Tiger Avon

Slimy38

posted on 20/7/12 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
There was one on eBay which ended last week without a winner at £1500 with all wishbones engine brakes wheels etc but not out together.

This one? UNFINISHED PROJECT TIGER AVON | eBay

I was watching it, had I got the garage space I would have bought it!! I asked the guy some questions about it, he seemed like a very sound seller. He said that everything was 'as new', with all items fresh from Tiger or in good condition. He'd heard the engine running and was fine, the first gear was a bit vague but did go in and everything else in the transmission was good. He'd intended it for a track car so while there was a loom there wasn't any lights, and obviously no bodywork. The chassis also needed cleaning up as it hadn't been powdercoated like everything else

As I said I would have gone for it if I could host it somewhere, I felt guilty about asking him loads of questions then not going for it. I reckoned it would cost about 3k to get the parts new from Tiger and source the donor parts, so it was pretty much half price.

But it does depend on what you would describe as 'part built'!

jossey

posted on 20/7/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

This one? UNFINISHED PROJECT TIGER AVON | eBay

I was watching it, had I got the garage space I would have bought it!! I asked the guy some questions about it, he seemed like a very sound seller. He said that everything was 'as new', with all items fresh from Tiger or in good condition. He'd heard the engine running and was fine, the first gear was a bit vague but did go in and everything else in the transmission was good. He'd intended it for a track car so while there was a loom there wasn't any lights, and obviously no bodywork. The chassis also needed cleaning up as it hadn't been powdercoated like everything else

As I said I would have gone for it if I could host it somewhere, I felt guilty about asking him loads of questions then not going for it. I reckoned it would cost about 3k to get the parts new from Tiger and source the donor parts, so it was pretty much half price.

But it does depend on what you would describe as 'part built'!

Ye that's the one. Shame you didn't have the space would be a nice project.

Let me know what you end up building.

If you built a build desk most of the stuff would fit under it like mine is. Then you don't need much more room. Just 4 people to lift it down when it's ready to roll.

Good lck......

Thanks

David Johnson

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 31/7/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
It's back on eBay at £1300

http://bit.ly/QtDcGN

David

Thanks

David Johnson

flange nut

posted on 31/7/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to see it. The unpainted chassis has been left out side and in my opinion has got rather rusty in places. The worst thing I felt was that everything else has been covered in a thick layer of red smooth Hammerite paint. It was obviously a Avon that had been built but not completed then taken apart again. It's OK if you like red Hammerite.

Geoff

jossey

posted on 8/8/12 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Shame. Would it have cost a lot to get it all stripped down using a Company.

Thanks

David Johnson

edspurrier

posted on 14/8/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
We'll soon be selling our race Avon. It's in generally good mechanical condition but the bodywork is a bit tatty. Drop me a message if you'd like more details.

It is IVAd and has a current MOT.

Cheers
Ed

fideel109

posted on 19/9/12 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
As a Belgian Avon owner , I'm after a part built Tiger Avon to make a track day car.
So if there's one around please let me know, any information welcome.

cheers,
jp

cavbow

posted on 16/1/14 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
I know it's a few months old this thread but I'm selling my part built Tiger Super Cat

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.