Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel consumption
limpetminer

posted on 1/6/13 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
fuel consumption

I have a tiger avon with a 1000 rr fireblade engine.i am getting about 18 mpg which seems a bit low.But am not sure if is or not.Just wondering what other people are getting with similar cars.
steve m

posted on 1/6/13 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
locost, 1700 xflow is about 27-35 depending on how i drive it
but i do get 59mpg with my mondeo!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Simon

posted on 1/6/13 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
When I had my 'busa and got stuck on a very long section of roadworks on the M4 (constant 40mph), I got 72mpg

My 3.9 V8 locost did about 28 - but that was due to 3.92 diff, would've got nearer 50mpg with the 2.28 I was planning on using

ATB

Simon

edsco

posted on 2/6/13 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
I'd say 18 mpg is not too bad. Maybe low 20's might be a little more respectable. If you consider the stock bike does 35-38 mpg, the fact it's in a car which is likely to be >double weight of bike and the fact you'll probably drive like like you have just stolen it........I think 18 mpg is okay.

I race in RGB, and although I had never taken the time to work out the fuel consumption of my CBR1000RR, I was told last weekend at Snetterton that I should be expecting to use circa 600ml every minute when driving at full tilt. This will help me massively I have to say to keep a handle on keeping the car weight down. So when you work out the mpg here it's roughly 11.5 mpg. But this is with a race set up I.e. tuned exhaust, mods to air box and dyno'd to an inch of its life....

edsco

adithorp

posted on 2/6/13 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
I get around 25mpg from my R1 Fury in normal use. I can push it to 30 with steady driving or as low as 15 on track.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 2/6/13 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Best i got when i had my zx9r striker was 29mpg on a steady run normally mid to low 20s on track about 15mpg, what diff ratoi are you running?
limpetminer

posted on 2/6/13 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
think the diff is 3.62 from a sierra cosworth
skippad

posted on 2/6/13 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
You don't buy these cars for the fuel consumption......
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
limpetminer

posted on 2/6/13 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
yes i know that,i just thought that maybe i had a problem because 18 mpg seemed a bit low.But now thanks to the helpful people on this forum i realise that it is about average.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.