Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New member with questions
Jamwat

posted on 6/6/13 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
New member with questions

Hi all,

Just joined and looking to buy one very soon.
Well I'm going to trade my camper for this
2006 TIGER AVON ORANGE...2006 model | eBay
Not much of a description So could you advise what questions I should be asking and wHat areas I should be checking. Yeah it my first one so need all the help I can get.

If anyone local would like to accompany me to view and Has knowledge then I'm more tan happy to bung the. A few quid and sort them out a few cool beers.

Thanks

Jamie

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 6/6/13 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome

Sure others will offer more soon, but check the V5 before anything else to make sure its registered correctly - don't get stung with a ringer.

Looks tidy though, I'd want some under bonnet pics before proceeding.

What engine management is it using? any build history? ho did the garage come by it?

mookaloid

posted on 6/6/13 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
E924FUR, would appear to be registered as a Tiger Avon (Sports) so as long as the reg number and chassis number match the V5 that's a good start.

It would be nice to know which ford 1.8 engine it has and see how it looks under the bonnet and underneath etc

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

laptoprob

posted on 7/6/13 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamwat
Hi all,

Just joined and looking to buy one very soon.
Well I'm going to trade my camper for this
2006 TIGER AVON ORANGE...2006 model | eBay
Not much of a description So could you advise what questions I should be asking and wHat areas I should be checking. Yeah it my first one so need all the help I can get.

If anyone local would like to accompany me to view and Has knowledge then I'm more tan happy to bung the. A few quid and sort them out a few cool beers.

Thanks

Jamie

When are you going? I live in Sheffield and have the same car.

Jamwat

posted on 7/6/13 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
i was hoping to go at some point tomorrow.
I have asked for some more details but the seller has not come back as yet.
I'll wait until he comes back with more details before traveling.

someone on another forum said that the engine appears to have the standard manifold, so I'm wondering if this is a budget build.

laptoprob

posted on 7/6/13 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamwat
i was hoping to go at some point tomorrow.
I have asked for some more details but the seller has not come back as yet.
I'll wait until he comes back with more details before traveling.

someone on another forum said that the engine appears to have the standard manifold, so I'm wondering if this is a budget build.

It looks very much so but quite well finished.
Ill U2U my number.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 7/6/13 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hard to tell from the pics, but could be a standard silvertop inlet manifold. That's what you can see sticking out of the bonnet. Google rs1800i engine and you'll see what I mean.

Not a bad thing - obviously worked fine in the car it came out of! Might suggest its using the original loom as well.

Ask about shocks, brakes, clocks, engine management, wheels (tyres are r888), gearbox, engine history and build history. The more he can tell you the better.

Good luck and post up the pics!

adithorp

posted on 7/6/13 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Newark show is next weekend (15/16th) so if you can hold off untill then you could go and have a look around and chat with plenty of owners, especially if the weather is like this week. That'd give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Nothing wrong with standard manifold, loom etc. It works well but is less tunable than going to throttle bodies, etc and means a big hole in the bonnet.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Jamwat

posted on 7/6/13 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
typical i cant make next weekend just like I missed the one in Warwickshire over the bank holiday...

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Newark show is next weekend (15/16th) so if you can hold off untill then you could go and have a look around and chat with plenty of owners, especially if the weather is like this week. That'd give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Nothing wrong with standard manifold, loom etc. It works well but is less tunable than going to throttle bodies, etc and means a big hole in the bonnet.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.