Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: exhaust hole for aries locoblade
chesney321

posted on 26/5/14 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
exhaust hole for aries locoblade

I am getting to the point of soon buying engine and exhaust for my car and have the daunting task of cutting hole in side panel for the exhaust.the engine will be a Honda fireblade,does anyone have a template for making the hole as steve from aries lent his out and it was never returned,if not is there anyone with an aries out there who is willing to make me a template off of their car.i am willing to pay for the inconvenience and postage of doing so.i just don't want to balls it all up,,,,many thanks david...
HowardB

posted on 26/5/14 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
CAD....

Not computer aided. .. but cardboard.... make a dummy panel. . Cut. Stick... cut again.... measure. .. cut etc.... once you're happy transfer that to the real thing. ..

Hth

Ps.. used to great effect in project binky.....

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

Matt21

posted on 26/5/14 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
just make your own?

get some card board and cut them so they sit around the exhaust how you want it too, you can add extra bits and trim bits out to suit etc
make sure you can slide the exhaust in and out of it etc

once the rough one is made, make it into a neater one and mark it up on your panel

obviously the engine and exhaust would need fitting without the side panel so you can meausre the height it needs to be etc?

The Black Flash

posted on 26/5/14 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, cardboard is the way. It's a bit nerve-wracking but take it slow, check it often, and you'll be fine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.