Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear upright holes
Rosco86

posted on 23/11/14 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Rear upright holes

Right, I've done a seach and found a few similar threads but not really found an answer for both of my problems, I've also posed over on the haynes forum but not really got any answers so I'm going to give it a go here

Problem 1

I have made the rear upright as in the book with the tube for the rear wishbone bolt 62mm up from the jig, then once I was ready to tack the rear upright I double checked the hole for the shock as in fig 5.24, it says 66mm but it is 70mm and 70mm back works correct to the 62mm if you trig out the dimension of RU2

Hope this makes sence

Problem 2

There's loads of threads about rotating RU8 to suit disc brakes better but all the threads are old and the pictures are missing, can anyone help me out??

I've tacked them up like this, looks right to me, anyone else pass judgment?

Passenger side and drivers side

And the hubs will bolt on like so

Rosco86

posted on 2/12/14 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone help me on this?
garyt

posted on 2/12/14 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
hi , found this image when I googled Haynes roadster upright , it shows the rotated position, doesn't help with the measurements , good luck.
I thought someone could measure theirs , I went with mx5 uprights and sold my talon ones on.. sorry.
good luck with the build, gary

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

mark chandler

posted on 2/12/14 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Does it really matter as long as you can fit the callipers?

I made mine years ago to my own design, they sit horizontally

To bleed I have to remove, this is the same for lots of us, the brake cable goes over the top nicely, the brake hose underneath the lower bone and up.

garyt

posted on 2/12/14 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have made the rear upright as in the book with the tube for the rear wishbone bolt 62mm up from the jig, then once I was ready to tack the rear upright I double checked the hole for the shock as in fig 5.24, it says 66mm but it is 70mm and 70mm back works correct to the 62mm if you trig out the dimension of RU2

reference this "problem" In my humble opinion as long as both uprights are the same the dimension in question ie 70mm instead of 66 mm there is no problem. You have camber adjustment at the top of the upright anyway and the angle change on the shock is negligible. So as I said as long as they are both the same don't worry about it.
I stand to be corrected but I doubt I would ever Feel the difference
Regards gary

radom

posted on 2/12/14 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
regarding problem 1
I just made mine so that the edge of RU2 lines up with the back of the tube Ru5

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.