Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: led load resisters
chesney321

posted on 8/2/15 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
led load resisters

I have just fitted some led rear lights and the indicators don't flash.Hazards work fine.Was sent a relay with them from bolt on bits but the relay in my wiring loom from aries motorsport has the indicator and headlight relay combined.Called bolt on bits and was told that I needed some load resisters which have now come,how exactly do you wire these in.there is a live and earth wire do you just connect them to the earth and live going to the indicators????????????
theprisioner

posted on 8/2/15 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Fit an electronic flasher relay that does not require a load (2 x 21W) to work!

P.S. Resisors

[Edited on 8/2/15 by theprisioner]

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

lsdweb

posted on 9/2/15 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

P.S. Resisors

:-)

The Black Flash

posted on 9/2/15 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chesney321
I have just fitted some led rear lights and the indicators don't flash.Hazards work fine.Was sent a relay with them from bolt on bits but the relay in my wiring loom from aries motorsport has the indicator and headlight relay combined.Called bolt on bits and was told that I needed some load resisters which have now come,how exactly do you wire these in.there is a live and earth wire do you just connect them to the earth and live going to the indicators????????????

I'm quite happy to be proved wrong, but I've never heard of such a thing. The indicator relay is a flasher, the headlight relay isn't, are you sure they are combined?
If not then the simplest thing is indeed to fit an electronic flasher relay. 4 or 5 quid and just plugs in where the old one did, eg Fix Flash Rate Turn Signal Flasher Relay LED indicator bulbs 3 PIN CF14 JL-02
Otherwise you'd fit the resistors inline with the leds - I don't think it'll matter if you put them before or after (i.e in the supply or the earth), though someone else may know better. I'd try it like this:

+12v --------- LED -------- [+ RESISTOR -] --------EARTH

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.