Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: aries cars
jpindy3

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
aries cars

hi there,what do u lot think of the aries kits just seen the price of them they look really good value and good quality kits.
im wanting to build a bec.
thanks jamie

daniel mason

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice cars, nice and compact too. Probably the nearest to a caterham in terms of dimensions I've driven!
Felt much smaller and narrower than my mnr's but the mnr was a superb chassis

JAG

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
My car's a Stuart Taylor - he owned the design before selling to Aries.

It's a nice small car very close to the Caterham/Lotus size - that's what attracted me

I also found no issues with chassis quality or weld quality when I built mine - but that was 2003.

It's now covered 10,000 miles with no issues that I consider to be kit quality related.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

jpindy3

posted on 15/3/15 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
yeah just doing some sums and il be able to spend alot more on the engine.i was wondering as there smaller than most of the other cars dose anyone know if there is room for a turbo bolted to a r1 ????
thanks guys

IainL

posted on 15/3/15 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
I've built an Aries BEC fitted with an 919 Fireblade, it's a great car & Steve at Aries is a very knowledgable guy.
daniel mason

posted on 15/3/15 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Just fit a nice dry sumped hayabusa or a 1000rr blade. You'll never need to go faster than either of those do! Unless your intending on making it a serious competition car on the hills or sprints!
Alternatively to avoid years of financial misery with a turbo'd bike motor, you could get yourself a nice caterham and not lose a penny on it!

jpindy3

posted on 15/3/15 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Just fit a nice dry sumped hayabusa or a 1000rr blade. You'll never need to go faster than either of those do! Unless your intending on making it a serious competition car on the hills or sprints!
Alternatively to avoid years of financial misery with a turbo'd bike motor, you could get yourself a nice caterham and not lose a penny on it!

so what power is the 1000rr and the hayabusa what sort of year engine i take it quite a new one?
i really like turbo motors and also like a challenge of turboing a n/a motor after turboing my lexus is200,but as i dont know nowt about bike engines i might like u say end up spending loads of cash.

daniel mason

posted on 15/3/15 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
You will spend an absolute fortune for an unproven setup!
The 1000rr 09 onwards is a superb unit!
Search terry everall sprint on youtube to see what can be done in a 405kg seven type car with a bike motor and a good pilot!

IainL

posted on 15/3/15 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Speak to Andy at AB Performance he'll be able to advise you what's the best bike engine for what you want
jpindy3

posted on 15/3/15 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
ok thanks guys
JohnH

posted on 15/3/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'am busy building an Aries, great kit, everything fitted as it should. I've fitted a 1.8 zetec into mine. Steves a great bloke to deal with, nothing's a problem to him. Just need to get it finished.
chesney321

posted on 15/3/15 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
aries

I like the aries so much that I am now building my 2nd one steve is great for prices and parts any help you need he will be a phone call away go on buy one you know you want to
jpindy3

posted on 15/3/15 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
yeah im calling aries tomorrow, i remember seeing the kits ages ago i always liked the look of them.watch this space.
HappyFather

posted on 15/3/15 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Although it seems you already made up your mind, just another positive opinion on Aries and Steve.

I've finished my Aries recently. It was my first mechanical project and, between the fact that it is not that hard to assemble and Steve being always available by email to help me, it was a great experience.

My car has a 893cc Honda Fireblade engine from 1994. Did a track day with it and it did go nicely, even if it was not yet properly setup. Not as nice as the Aries of a friend that, with a K1 engine (don't know the year) on track tires did one minute less than me per lap (2m05s against mine 3m11s - seems I'm better assembling than driving). Do note that the Caterham Super7 trophy on the same track has a best lap of around 1m54s and the track record is 1m20s with Damon Hill's F1 Williams in 1996.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.