Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moving NCB mid policy?
tegwin

posted on 7/5/15 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Moving NCB mid policy?

My tintop insurance (Direct line) has 6 years NCB on it... It is due to be renewed in Sept.

My landrover insurance policy is up for renewal at the moment, I have 2 years NCB I can use on it but if I have three or four years the price would be a LOT cheaper...

Anyone ever tried to (if its even possible) reducing the number of NCB years on one policy and transfering it to the other policy?

I guess once the NCB has been split between two cars there is no way of ever combining them together again...

What a confusing system...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

z2000

posted on 7/5/15 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I am no expert but.... I think from past conversations with insurers, the NCB is attached to the car you earn it on.

If you (for example) sell that car and buy another in its place, then you can use the NCB on that replacement car.

If you build a second NCB on a second car then that would start from 0 and build on it's own.

Say you sell the first car and now only have 1, in theory I guess you could apply the greater NCB for that vehicle.

I'm just not 100% sure what change you have of swapping NCB; I would like to say it should be possible...but I don't know!

I wonder if you could use the Landrover NCB on the tintop and then the tintop NCB on the landrover...could be worth a try.. but is the inc. in tintop insurance going to be better than the reduction in Landrover?

Hope that helps?

If it isn't broken; take it apart and fix it! Build PhotoBlog:
http://z2000.co.uk

Oldaker

posted on 7/5/15 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
When I first bought a second car, I phoned my insurance company and asked about NCB. They simply mirrored my NCB onto the second policy, much to my delight. I queried this, but was assured it was OK - and it was them that suggested it in the first place. I suppose they assumed I couldn't drive 2 cars at the same time. So 2 policies with full NCB .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.