Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Avon detail
eenud

posted on 10/10/02 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Avon detail

I think I like the look of the chassis and spec of the Tiger Avon. But this is based on what I have seen on the site, and one small advert. Could it be fitted with alloy body rather than the Tiger fibre one? Also are any road tests on the net?

Please help, I have an urge to spend money and buy a chassis! Not something that comes naturally to me.

gjn200

posted on 11/10/02 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Heres a test.
http://www.totalkitcar.com/articles/publish/article_20.shtml

John

posted on 11/10/02 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
I wondered the same thing myself. Having looked at the chasis drawing for the Avon I cannot see any reason not to use ally. You may wish to use a square tube on the top rail of the chassis if you are building it yourself, to make it easier to form the ally round it. If you are buying the chassis you will need to ask yourself if you are capable of forming the ally around the round tube. It can be done but it is definitely more difficult.

John.

Working on a CVH 1.8 engined Locost. Hoping to use as much as possible of Sierra donor. £210 left.

eenud

posted on 11/10/02 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link and the comment. The road test looks good, so I must be about 90% convinced its time for me to order one!

Ian

DaveH

posted on 30/10/02 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Avon with Aluminium Body

I am currently building an Avon (bought finished chassis from Tiger), and, apart from the nose, fitting aly body work. I had to make up a frame to support the rear body (can supply photo's / details if required), and have also added supports to the front of the chassis for the front side panels. If any one wants more info, please e mail me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.