Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine trolley running?
swanny

posted on 22/6/15 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
engine trolley running?

hello all,

a mate has a an Oldsmobile engine that he's had under his bench for years and doesnt have a use for it.
nothing fancy just bog standard. i wondered about having it and getting it running as a demo engine on a wheeled trolley.
it wold be good as a project to do with the kids to get them to learn about engines and as space and money stop us from having a kit/interesting car at present it would be a good way to keep ourselves amused until things improve.

has anyone done this? or seen similar things done?

personally i recall seeing some of our american friends with a v8 loose in the back of a pick up revving that at a hot rod shop, occasionally throwing water on it to cool it! but i'd like something a bit more under control!

paul

big_wasa

posted on 22/6/15 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
I do that with all mine. I love the brum brum thing. Working on an Rv8 and a turbo Zetec at the moment.

Here is the last one I did an St170

big_wasa

posted on 22/6/15 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
And better still. ....

rusty nuts

posted on 22/6/15 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
One of our customers at a garage I used to work in had a Merlin engine like Guy Martins
blakep82

posted on 22/6/15 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Colleges all up and down the country with car workshops have an engine set up on a trolley for teaching, with a tiny fuel tank, batter, radiator, electric fan key switch and starter button set up

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Oldaker

posted on 22/6/15 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Used to use a bodyshop down in Hastings years ago - they had a Daf66 engine sitting on top of a 50gal oil drum. When asked about it, I was told it was their battery charger!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.