Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pierburg 2v carburettor rebuild kit
sprouts-car

posted on 10/2/16 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Pierburg 2v carburettor rebuild kit

Evening all,

I have a standard setup 1.8 ford sierra cvh. Judging from the pictures in the Haynes manual, the carb is a pierburg 2v.

Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for this carb? There seems to be kits for every pierburg under the sun on eBay except the 2v. Are they interchangeable?

Build blog

britishtrident

posted on 11/2/16 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sprouts-car
Evening all,

I have a standard setup 1.8 ford sierra cvh. Judging from the pictures in the Haynes manual, the carb is a pierburg 2v.

Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for this carb? There seems to be kits for every pierburg under the sun on eBay except the 2v. Are they interchangeable?

Pierburgh = Solex truly awful carbs you would be better finding a Weber. I have one lying but it is off a 1.6 XR3

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

russbost

posted on 11/2/16 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
I would have to agree, we used to rebuild the Solex carbs all the time, I forget now everything that went wrong with them, seem to remember a diaphragm was involved? They were notoriously unreliable!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sprouts-car

posted on 11/2/16 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
So what's the simplest swap if I'm going for reliability and ease of conversion?

Build blog

russbost

posted on 11/2/16 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
A Weber from a similar engine. There are people far better qualified than me on here to tell you what vehicles they were fitted to! I can't remember if the manifolds were the same for Solex & Weber or if you need to replace as a package - can someone help out?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 11/2/16 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
A Weber 32/36 DGV or DGAV (DGAV = auto choke) would be a better bet IMHO. It's what I used on my 2.0 Pinto engined MK Indy and after a RR session with some re-jetting it worked well.

ETA...Burton Power amongst others do rebuild kits for the Webers too.

[Edited on 11/2/16 by nick205]

AdrianH

posted on 11/2/16 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
There is an old VW golf that uses the Pierburg carbs and I did at one time find a person that sold the diaphragms.

The two things I found that failed on mine was a diaphragm on the second jet opening and also the same throttle valve bar sticks, if you are a careful driver then it does not get used much, but will free off with cleaning and care.

They are a basic carb and work well when cleaned and oiled occasionally. the diaphram is rubber so after 20 plus years you can expect them to fail.

Many people have commented about webers over the past years saying how they keep adjusting them, so if they are as reliable who knows.

Have a word with this guy on ebay
Carburettor rebuild kit Pierburg carb VW Type 25, Golf, Scirocco & Jetta

They are for the 2E3 carb.

But the kit does not show the external diaphragms for that you need this type of thing
ford sierra p100 transit granada mk123 1.8 pinto carb diaphragm kit

or

FORD SIERRA SAPPHIRE & GRANADA SCORPIO 1.8 SOHC PIERSBURG CARBURETTOR DIAPHRAGM

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

theduck

posted on 11/2/16 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have a weber 32/36 dgav for sale if you are interested.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.