Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Talk to me about fuel connectors.
emwmarine

posted on 4/3/16 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Talk to me about fuel connectors.

All my car builds or restorations up to now have been carbs with low pressure fuel systems. For those jubilee clips have been fine on the fuel hose.

With the fuel injection system for my zetec, how do the high pressure fancy connector things work. I am using flexible hosing from the high pressure fuel filter along the car and then I have to connect it to my MC gszr1000 fuel rail then connect that to a regulator.

Any descriptions of the options and how best to do it for safety and IVA would be most welcomed.

Building a Dax Rush.

r1_pete

posted on 4/3/16 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've used barbed fittings and hose clips throughout, no issues.

Biggest issue was getting genuine R9 fuel hose.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 4/3/16 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
You shouldn't realy use worm-drive (jubilee) clips on fuel hose. As the radius doesn't alter under the worm-drive section, they cause 2 pinch points that tend to leak on small diameter pipes. Depending on your IVA tester they might fail the test. Use specific fuel pipe clips and you shouldn't have an issue with either a barbed fitting or just a swaged pipe end. There are various push on fittings used by tin-top makers but I've not come across them available as aftermarket parts.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

furryeggs

posted on 4/3/16 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I have used An-6 fuel fittings throughout.
The Black Flash

posted on 4/3/16 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
I used aeroquip JIC fittings throughout, but it just joins onto the existing fuel rail. The rail pipes just have flared ends and I've used jubilee clips (on top of rubber hose ends) with no problems so far. Though I dare say adithorp is correct, technically speaking.
BenB

posted on 4/3/16 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever Mr Iva says about jubilee clips I say bollocks. Had two leaks on correctly sized hose on barbs with stupid "proper" crimp rings, switched to jubilees- sorted. Your mileage may vary but...... just saying.
ste

posted on 4/3/16 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
The absolute best way to do it would be to use AN fittings and proper braided fuel hose.

You can get push fit to AN adapters to connect to your fuel filter/pump

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Performance-644110-Adapter-Fitting/dp/B005C6KT2Q

Screw on to the push fits so can't blow off.

Bluemoon

posted on 5/3/16 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
You can get fuel pipe jubilee clips... Narrower and smaller than normal ones IVA'd fine with these (might be my tester was not so worried about it).

http://www.autopoweronline.co.uk/Product/fuel%20clips%2011-19mm%20x2/2x-11-19mm-STEEL-Jubilee-style-Fuel-Petrol-Pipe-Hose-Water-Clamp-Hose-Worm-Cl ip

Dan

[Edited on 5/3/16 by Bluemoon]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.