Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Adrian Flux mis-Sold insurance to my partner
tilly819

posted on 19/4/16 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian Flux mis-Sold insurance to my partner

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I hope you may be able to help with.

My girlfriend phoned Adrian Flux on Saturday and got a quote for her car insurance, for a policy to start at the end of this month. She told them, and I heard her, that she wanted fully comprehensive cover. She asked for a reference number so she could think about it and call back later to which she was told that was not a possibility and the quote was only valid while she was on the phone (Hard sell or what!!, Are they allowed to do this?)

She chose to take the policy payed over the phone.
She then received the policy information via email later that day, the information stated that she had taken a 3rd party fire and theft policy.
She emailed them straight away to inform them that there was a mistake.
Since there was no reply, she phoned them today (Monday) and was told that it would be a £65 charge to cancel the policy. She asked if this was an administration fee as she is still within the 14 day cooling off period to which she was told the charge was a "Set up fee".

£65 WTF
Now based on the fact that she told them she wanted comprehensive cover, I heard her tell them. I also spoke to the person on the phone during the same phone call so they know that I witnessed her ask for comprehensive. Is there anything we can do?

My girlfriend is very upset about this as she now has 3rd party F&T on her pride and joy when she should have fully comp!!!

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

hizzi

posted on 19/4/16 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
call them back and say you will complain to the fca, by law they must respond in 24 hrs and it costs them £500 each complaint wether they are at fault or not
myke pocock

posted on 19/4/16 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ask then if they record calls for training purposes!!!
theduck

posted on 19/4/16 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Straight to formal complaint.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 19/4/16 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
That line about the quote only being valid while you are on the phone is a complete lie as well. They told me this when I was looking for insurance for the truck, I turned it down as I had other brokers to contact but magically when I called back two days later the original quote was still on file and valid...

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
joneh

posted on 19/4/16 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't there an Adrian flux rep who's a member here? Dan something or other I think. May be worth searching and sending him a u2u. He seems quite helpful.
dhutch

posted on 19/4/16 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Cancel (within the 14 days) and restart?
mk85

posted on 19/4/16 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I would never go with flux again. I was a huge fan of them from the ages of 19 to 25.

I went with them last year to insure my landrover. I called them for a quote and paid the for the policy in full.

After 3 months i was aproched and offerd a very good offer for the landrover at a price i couldnt refuse. I called up flux to let them know and to transfer my policy to another car. I was told my policy was a non transferable non refundable policy. I was not told this when i took the policy out or when i paid. I was then told that if i wanted my no claims to transfer to the new car i would have to pay £65 to cancel the policy even though i had hunfreds of pounds left in the policy as i had only used 3 months out of the 12 i paid for.

Never again would i use them at all. I know severl people who have all had problems now witht them and now go else where.

Andybarbet

posted on 19/4/16 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Username on here is

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

I'm sure he will be along soon, he is usually quick to reply when people are looking for insurance quotes ;-)

Good luck

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

luke2152

posted on 19/4/16 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'm fairly certain within 14 days you can cancel and only pay for those days ie. no fees
neilp1

posted on 20/4/16 at 05:23 AM Reply With Quote
I too had problems with them and would NEVER use them again. They do record all their calls though.
r1_pete

posted on 20/4/16 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Username on here is

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

I'm sure he will be along soon, he is usually quick to reply when people are looking for insurance quotes ;-)

Good luck

Hopefully he will show this thread to the Adrian Flux decision makers / management, and that it has an audience of 2000 or so active members / car enthusiasts - the sort of customers you would think they want to attract!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoyM

posted on 20/4/16 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Adrian Flux are a rubbish company - do not use them!!!!!
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 20/4/16 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Have to say I have been using AF for my kit cars for the last 5 6yrs and never had a problem.

I do agree that they are quiet on the facts like after 6 months there will be no money returned if you cancel the policy etc, but the policies for kit cars anyway are so cheap, I can see why that is. This is always different depending on the underwriter. I also found that I took out a policy for 3000 miles, it was cheap, needed to add another 1000 and it was a fair chunk extra, more than taking out a 4000 mile policy with a different underwriter.

I had to make a claim too when I wrote off my RH, and the service was spot on and I always appreciate a breakdown service that knows what a kit car is and will on each 3 or 4 times I have had to call them come straight with a flat bed and taken me home.

never used for road cars as they didn't do a new driver when I checked, or if they did were more expensive. (when my wife started driving)

each to their own opinions, speak to a manager, I am pretty certain, if the policy hasn't started yet(perhaps even if it has), you have 14 days to cancel and get all money back.

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 20/4/16 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I currently insure my Landrover (Defender 90) and motorbike (KTM Supoerduke 990) with them, and have done for a couple of years - but with mixed feelings. Each time I get a renewal opportunity from them, it's increased year on year with no explanation. I often have to go back to them and tell them I won't be using them for the next year, cancel the auto-renew, and it's only after 1/2hr on the phone or when you complain that someone comes back and tries to do something with the price.

I don't like Dutch auctions, I want a price and clear terms that I can adhere to - I always give my current insurer the information as to why I'm leaving, but there really is no brand loyalty any more nowadays.

The information they take from you and put on the forms always varies from phone call to receipt as well - often I've had to return forms multiple times because they've not filled it in correctly with the information I've supplied.

They're not the best, but they're one of the few I can use for my LR. But I will definitely be looking elsewhere for my bike insurance this year. Dan on here has been helpful, but it's a shame people have to moan or complain before anyone takes any action. Without us, they wouldn't have a job!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.