Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Most compact engine? Fireblade or r1?
Squadge

posted on 2/8/16 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
Most compact engine? Fireblade or r1?

Hi everyone, does anybody know which is the smallest and more compact engine out of the blade and the r1?
Thanks

adithorp

posted on 2/8/16 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on the year/version you're thinking of.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Squadge

posted on 2/8/16 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Depends on the year/version you're thinking of.

The r1 I was looking at is the 5jj, but a 2004 blade engine has come up as well,

Minicooper

posted on 2/8/16 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
From what I have seen and owned the smallest overall package is the R1, but the cbr1000rr could be even smaller if you replace the sump and do something with the double injector setup on the cbr1000rr, both of which Andy at AB Performance can help you with

David

adithorp

posted on 2/8/16 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
From what I have seen and owned the smallest overall package is the R1, but the cbr1000rr could be even smaller if you replace the sump and do something with the double injector setup on the cbr1000rr, both of which Andy at AB Performance can help you with

David

I'd agree with that though don't think "doing something with secondary injectors" is cheap and they do make it very tall otherwise.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

daniel mason

posted on 2/8/16 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
5jj is a good strong motor.and cheap. Mine in my jedi has proved very strong indeed. 100% reliable and setting trap speeds that no other 1100cc have managed in class this year.
On the flip side to that, my jedi is light and also runs much less wing than some of the cars in class!
If you can keep the weight down.a 5jj should give you decent peflrformance.if not a 2006 5vy yamaha would be my choice

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/8/16 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing, from my experience (worth nothing), is as tightly packaged as an R1. No issues with huge airboxes, secondary injectors, oil surge, rods breaking. It has chocolate gears, but unless you're racing the thing on slicks and/or being a total animal, they do survive reasonably well. The dogs are simply the icing on the chocolate. Don't be tempted to bore the thing, the blocks crack.... but (of course) they won't when you and others do it, only happens to me.
Huge driving difference between the earlier carb'd version - through to the semi-carb'd versions - through to the 5VY/4C8. 2004-6 (5VY) is what you want.

Squadge

posted on 2/8/16 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
Nothing, from my experience (worth nothing), is as tightly packaged as an R1. No issues with huge airboxes, secondary injectors, oil surge, rods breaking. It has chocolate gears, but unless you're racing the thing on slicks and/or being a total animal, they do survive reasonably well. The dogs are simply the icing on the chocolate. Don't be tempted to bore the thing, the blocks crack.... but (of course) they won't when you and others do it, only happens to me.
Huge driving difference between the earlier carb'd version - through to the semi-carb'd versions - through to the 5VY/4C8. 2004-6 (5VY) is what you want.

You say issues with secondary injectors, do they cause problems?

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/8/16 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
No... but they usually sit on top of airboxes, making a tall engine errr..... taller. I mentioned that only because you're indicating that space is an issue.
Whereas the pre-2008 GSXR's were 'flat' and rather long, they're now 'stacked' and taller. Hondas are generally quite tall beasts, money will rectify some of the height issues, but if you don't want to spend money... best look at the R1.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.