Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pinto on bike carbs
sprintB+

posted on 9/12/16 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
pinto on bike carbs

Probably in here somewhere, anyone have some useful information on the fitting of bike carbs? where to start with jets and needles. I've made the inlet, got some carbs etc. ready to go over the forthcoming break and would like some starter for 10 ideas. As always all help greatly appreciated.
SJ

posted on 9/12/16 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Which carbs have you got?
sprintB+

posted on 9/12/16 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Kawasaki z6r
SJ

posted on 9/12/16 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've got the same on my Zetec. Mine have the main jet drilled to 1.6mm and the needles are lifted one notch from the bottom. Other than that no other mods, though mine are respaced to mact the Zetec ports.

I used a wideband afr meter so set them up but that was just getting the needle position right as I didn't need to change from 1.6mm on the jets.

Stu

sprintB+

posted on 9/12/16 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
well thanks for the info. Bit of a bum steer by me, just opened the workshop and see they are in fact ninja ZX-7R carbs. I will use your advice though as a good start point. Did you do away with the coolant pipes, or are they needed? I have a fuel pump and regulator and about to make a vacuum take off tube as per Dansk.
SJ

posted on 9/12/16 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
I took all the coolant pipes off as they aren't needed. I would recommend getting a bike fuel pump mounted close to the tank as this set up seems the most trouble free with bike carbs. No regulator is needed with a bike pump & a pump from Pretty much any similar cc carb fed bike will do the job.

I use a Megajolt that uses the throttle position sensor on the carbs so no need for a vac take off for me.

Just had a quick Google and the ZX7 carbs look more like those from a ZX9 than ZX6, so it maybe that there are some air holes you need to block.

Stu

[Edited on 9/12/16 by SJ]

sprintB+

posted on 9/12/16 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Just been given a manual on the kwacker, it seems they are similar to the Zx9R. I'm still acquiring parts from the breaker and he has the fuel pump still.
SJ

posted on 9/12/16 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Plenty of people have fitted ZX9 carbs to good effect so you should be able to get some tips.
swanntech

posted on 10/12/16 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
bike carbs

I fitted zx9 carbs on a redtop using a nodiz for ignition they needed the air corrector holes blocking and the jets were 1,7mm the best way to get them set up on rolling road

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.