Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2001 Seat Arosa Tdi
inkafone

posted on 25/10/17 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
2001 Seat Arosa Tdi

Just passed the MOT today - car is on 153k but engine pulls really well with no smoke and starts first time.

The timing belt was done on 122k July 2013 (invoice) and the previous owner had the clutch replaced (no invoice).

There's no rear seats in (boot was tiny) which at least makes it lighter & there's a mild remap on it (about 95BHP & 175ftlbs) which makes it very nippy with 60+MPG. Road tax on this is £30 and insurance is cheap.

I've owned the car since February 2016, done 10k & it's had 3 oil/filter changes in that time (PD oil). It's been very reliable and all I've done to it is change the brake pads,renewed the filters and a track rod end.

The electric windows work as does the central locking but only on the key not the fob. There's no ABS on this but it does have airbags. The interior is a bit grubby (I've given it a good clean with a carpet cleaner including the headlining but there's still marks). The bodywork is rust free with good arches but the odd small dint / scratch from use (nothing particularly noticeable).

It's being sold with the 15" wheels & the original alloys (bit scruffy but serviceable with 2 decent and 2 cheapo tyres). This makes a great runaround, is quite happy cruising @ 70+ plus it's so cheap to run.

£500

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 25/10/17 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Had one of these a few years back as a courtesy car for the day. Cracking little thing it was - great fun to drive!
big_wasa

posted on 25/10/17 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
My lad wants a lupo, what’s the size of the diesel in these ?
inkafone

posted on 26/10/17 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
Arosa is Seat's version of the Lupo and share many parts - engine is a three pot 1.4 Tdi (a 1.9 Tdi with a cylinder lopped off & a balancing shaft - it sounds like a bag of nails at idle but pretty smooth on the go).
nick205

posted on 26/10/17 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inkafone
Arosa is Seat's version of the Lupo and share many parts - engine is a three pot 1.4 Tdi (a 1.9 Tdi with a cylinder lopped off & a balancing shaft - it sounds like a bag of nails at idle but pretty smooth on the go).

That matches my memory of the Arosa.

VAG (including Seat) are pretty adept at part sharing.

Seat also make pretty good cars as a result - I had a Seat Leon Cupra TDI for a few years and drove the backside off it - never missed a beat. We also had a family Seat Alhambra for some years, again a great car and as a family of 5 it suited us very well.

big_wasa

posted on 26/10/17 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh I know there the same car, just wondered on the insurability of the bigger diesel at 17yrs old.
inkafone

posted on 27/10/17 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
It's now on Ebay and am letting the auction run. As for insurance for a 17yo it will no doubt be a lot more than the car's worth. Fitting a black box seems to be the way now.
big_wasa

posted on 31/10/17 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bad result then.

Being.a 1.4 quotes where coming back between 3~10k for my lad.

obr_technology

posted on 31/10/17 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well done on the result on eBay! I was tempted at 500!
nick205

posted on 2/11/17 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
big_wasa I feel the pain!

With an 11 yr old and 9 yr old twins SWMBO and I are fearing the time ahead in this respect We've got them saving for the cars, but the insurance will be another hurdle to jump.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.