Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Royal Mail Redirect Issues
ash_hammond

posted on 19/12/17 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Royal Mail Redirect Issues

As most issues are solved on this forum I thought I would ask this.

About 15 months ago we moved house. The previous owners moved into rented accommodation while their new house was built.... apparently. So they put a mail redirect on as you would expect. Nothing strange, we did the same, and then changed our addresses asap.

The main issue is their surname on one character different for my partners, plus the initial is the same. So her mail is getting caught up in the previous peoples redirect.

I'm starting to get annoyed now as they are being slow at returning it. I have complained to Royal Mail several times and made them aware of the similar names at this address. I have asked the old owner to politely get off their ass and change their address to their current address rather than relying on a mail redirect to address their sloppiness. The address cannot it be that temporary after 15 months!

I don't like the fact they have still not accounts and other things registered at my address.

What can I go in this situation? I'm very close to getting a solicitor involved to force the issue as the delays to us getting our mail is causing us issues.

Cheers.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

joneh

posted on 19/12/17 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not going to be much help, but your partner could go paperless wherever possible.
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 19/12/17 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I believe mail redirects are done by the postman manually. If you're desperate it may be worth finding the postman whilst on his /her round and thanking them / giving a christmas donation and reminding them of the very slight difference.

A small personal incentive / reward may go a long way to resolving the issue going forward.

Mike Wood

posted on 19/12/17 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
If the above approach of a Christmas box and let the postie know of the problem does not work:

- try a complaint to https://www.cedr.com/postrs/ about the Post Office for wrongly delivering your mail to the incorrect address via the redirection for the another party.

It might also be tempting to ask for a redirection to your current address of the incorrect redirection! (See: https://www.royalmail.com/start-your-redirection-p2?PSID=Google_PPC&cid=RD_1017_SM_71700000019016865)

Good luck
Mike

[Edited on 19/12/17 by Mike Wood]

ash_hammond

posted on 20/12/17 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys.

I do work from home so I have chatted to the postie(s) a few times, but it has been a few different ones. So I assume some are better than others but and it depends who is on shift. I also thought the posties just did delivery and it was other folks in the sorting office bagged everything up for them? A friendly chat and a Christmas box might worth it agreed.

We are paperless for a few things but the one that took the biscuit was the other week, my partners new work contract got held up as it was redirect and eventually came back days later. So cannot go paperless for those things.

I suggested to her she changed her name via deed pole instead of getting married.... the reply was not pretty!

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 20/12/17 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ash_hammond
I suggested to her she changed her name via deed pole instead of getting married.... the reply was not pretty!

weird, i got a similar response when i suggested it .......... must be a women thing.

Rod Ends

posted on 20/12/17 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Get some address label stickers printed and give them to the previous owners
so all they have to do is stick a label on your mail and bung it in the post box.

ash_hammond

posted on 21/12/17 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rod Ends
Get some address label stickers printed and give them to the previous owners
so all they have to do is stick a label on your mail and bung it in the post box.

Is that actually possible at no extra cost per item?

morcus

posted on 21/12/17 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
If you've spoken to them and its been 15 months you might want to report it to RM as potential fraud/scam. If you use the F word they might act a bit quicker.

I didn't know you could have redirection for more than a year.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

ash_hammond

posted on 22/12/17 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
If you've spoken to them and its been 15 months you might want to report it to RM as potential fraud/scam. If you use the F word they might act a bit quicker.

I didn't know you could have redirection for more than a year.

When I spoke to Royal Mail to complain about our mail being caught in the other peoples outbound redirect, they said they are entitled to redirect their mail for up to four years.

However, using the F word may cause them to do something. I know bank and employment details are still in their old address as Royal Mail have also not followed the redirect and pushed their mail through our door.

Junk mail I'm happy to receive and do a "return to sender" as they don't have control over that.

In a nut shell they are too lazy to change their address to the temp. location and using a redirect to mask that. Hopefully once they move into their new permanent location it will sort its self out.

I wonder if they have told DVLA as that is a "fineable" offence!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.