Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MSVA trike lighting question
dan8400

posted on 30/4/18 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
MSVA trike lighting question

Hi everyone,

I am wiring my reverse trike and am using 99% of the bike wiring loom. I am basically extending all the wires from the loom to the dash area for new switches etc.

Question is: the bike lights come on with ignition. Is this ok for MSVA? Should I rewire this? Or is it ok to have side lights/headlights come on with ignition (like an old Volvo)

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

dan8400

posted on 9/5/18 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Does anybody know the answer?

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

russbost

posted on 1/8/18 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan, I'm new to the Trike regs, but having read the MSVA manual so far as I can see there is no requirement to be able to switch sidelamps separately, in other words, no requirement for a parking light. When sidelights are turned on (with ignition if that's how they are) the way I read it is that they must all be illuminated, front & rear & that includes the no. plate light & that they should operate a tell tale light, OR the instrument lights are always on when sidelamps are lit.

You may of course decide you'd like to have parking lights in which case a switch from a permanent feed could be put into the sidelight circuit, just add a diode in the ignition live wire so it can't back feed to the ignition

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.