Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CVH Sump and Flywheel on Blacktop
mikeb

posted on 2/7/18 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
CVH Sump and Flywheel on Blacktop

I bit the bullet and now have a nice blacktop sat on my engine stand.

I'm trying to reuse as much of my CVH set up as possible.

1. CVH Sump - I'm sure I read these can be made to fit and as its been shortened it would same some work, no part of the CVH sump bolts to the gearbox bell housing though unlike the zetec sump - seems to work fine on the CVH. So what need altering to make it fit or do I modify the steel part of the zetec sump?

2. Flywheel - I have a CVH flywheel but it doesn't have a trigger wheel built in, anyone used the CVH trigger wheel or an aftermarket one or is it easier to buy a new flywheel.

3. Thermo housing - I have one but it has hose connections is this the best one to use?

big_wasa

posted on 2/7/18 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
I bit the bullet and now have a nice blacktop sat on my engine stand.

I'm trying to reuse as much of my CVH set up as possible.

1. CVH Sump - I'm sure I read these can be made to fit and as its been shortened it would same some work, no part of the CVH sump bolts to the gearbox bell housing though unlike the zetec sump - seems to work fine on the CVH. So what need altering to make it fit or do I modify the steel part of the zetec sump?

2. Flywheel - I have a CVH flywheel but it doesn't have a trigger wheel built in, anyone used the CVH trigger wheel or an aftermarket one or is it easier to buy a new flywheel.

3. Thermo housing - I have one but it has hose connections is this the best one to use?

Sump, yes it can be made to fit but it fits the silvertop better than the Blacktop. You could heat it up and bash it out to clear. Better is to cut and weld a bulge. It’s not the best option. But it is an option. The only sump to bolt upto a T9 is a raceline off the top of my head it’s fine with just the top five bolts.

Flywheel, yes you can use it by over drilling it but it’s much less hassle fitting a 1.8 Zetec fly. Besides the rwd cvh fly weights a ton.

In my opinion for a road car you can’t beat the standard Zetec thermostat housing. It just works.

[Edited on 2/7/18 by big_wasa]

Davedew

posted on 3/7/18 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
To use the CVH sump on the blacktop you would also need to make some kind of windage tray similar to the silver top.
By the time you have done this I would have thought it is easier to just alter the steel section of the blacktop sump.
This is what I did as I didn't want the extra expense of the Raceline sump.

I used my RWD CVH flywheel as it had the trigger wheel indents in it already. Wasa is right though, it does weight as much as blacktop one.
But again I had it so I reused it to save some money.

Standard blacktop thermostat works a treat on my car. Temps are a lot more stable than the CVH ever was. Even in all this hot weather we've been having when stuck in traffic, the temps rise and fall with the fan kicking in no trouble at all.

[Edited on 3/7/18 by Davedew]

SJ

posted on 3/7/18 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I used the CVH trigger wheel on the Zetec front pulley.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.