Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What information is required for IVA regarding my Donor Engine ????
sammini7

posted on 22/2/20 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
What information is required for IVA regarding my Donor Engine ????

Hi all,

So my car is final stages of build, bodywork and interior to finish and I am now in the process of putting my paperwork together ready for the IVA. What information will be required for my donor engine?

Before anyone asks, I have gone the whole hog and installed a Honda K20A2 engine (Civic Type R EP3 engine) !Should be fun.. heheee

Thanks in advance for help provided

rusty nuts

posted on 22/2/20 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
You will need proof of the age of the engine, manufacturers letter or donor vehicle V5
sdh2903

posted on 22/2/20 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You will need proof of the age of the engine, manufacturers letter or donor vehicle V5

Wont need any of those as it's a post 94 engine so will be a CAT test no matter what. You only need to prove engine age if your trying to get a pre 1994 more lenient emissions test.

obfripper

posted on 22/2/20 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
For the IVA, as above with default emissions limits.

Beyond IVA, you appear to have multiple donor vehicles, i assume you are aiming to register on a Q plate, if so will it be tested for visual smoke only at MOT.
If you are aiming for a 'new' registration, you'll need to pass a full cat test at every MOT, as the limits will be based on date of first registration.

Dave

sdh2903

posted on 22/2/20 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper

Beyond IVA, you appear to have multiple donor vehicles, i assume you are aiming to register on a Q plate, if so will it be tested for visual smoke only at MOT.
If you are aiming for a 'new' registration, you'll need to pass a full cat test at every MOT, as the limits will be based on date of first registration.

Dave

That's not the case anymore either. Emissions are placed on the v5 of a q plate now. If it does a CAT test at IVA it will require the same at mot.

CosKev3

posted on 22/2/20 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper

Dave

That's not the case anymore either. Emissions are placed on the v5 of a q plate now. If it does a CAT test at IVA it will require the same at mot.

A recent discussion on Facebook, which included a MOT tester,says it's still visual only on a Q reg no matter what's on the V5.

It just says in the manual if its Q reg its visual smoke only,so testers dont need to test emissions.

obfripper

posted on 22/2/20 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
The emissions are on the v5, but any Q plate vehicle is still visual smoke only for MOT purposes.

"For emissions purposes only you should treat the following as first used before 1 August 1975:

kit cars and amateur-built vehicles first used before 1 August 1998
Wankel rotary-engined vehicles first used before 1 August 1987
Q plated vehicles"

Dave

[Edited on 22/2/20 by obfripper]

sdh2903

posted on 22/2/20 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yes but the problem arises when the mot tester puts in the registration plate on the computer and when the linked v5 emissions come up then that's what most mot testers want to test to.

This is despite the statements above about what the mot manual states. I've heard of a few fails on this as the mot tester says 'that's what the system tells me then that's what I need to see'.

Plus I cant imagine this loophole remaining open for much longer in the current environment of all things green.

CosKev3

posted on 22/2/20 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yes but the problem arises when the mot tester puts in the registration plate on the computer and when the linked v5 emissions come up then that's what most mot testers want to test to.

This is despite the statements above about what the mot manual states. I've heard of a few fails on this as the mot tester says 'that's what the system tells me then that's what I need to see'.

Plus I cant imagine this loophole remaining open for much longer in the current environment of all things green.

This was covered by the tester on Facebook, pretty sure hes a Westfield owner,he said they are doing it wrong if they say the emissions need testing.

He said it's there in black and white,Q plate is visual only,they should just bypass the emissions part of the test.

sdh2903

posted on 22/2/20 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

This was covered by the tester on Facebook, pretty sure hes a Westfield owner,he said they are doing it wrong if they say the emissions need testing.

He said it's there in black and white,Q plate is visual only,they should just bypass the emissions part of the test.

This may well change my future registration plans then.

CosKev3

posted on 22/2/20 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

This may well change my future registration plans then.

As you say though,for how much longer it will last!

sdh2903

posted on 22/2/20 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
At least you get 3 years before first MOT anyway whichever way you go.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.