Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Massive Hunt- Caterham on Grand Tour
James

posted on 28/12/20 at 01:47 AM Reply With Quote
Massive Hunt- Caterham on Grand Tour

For those with access to The Grand Tour: A Massive Hunt, James May drives a mildly modified Caterham on there.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

roadrunner

posted on 28/12/20 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Watched it.
The Caterham copes rather well in rough conditions apart from getting completely covered in crap.

bi22le

posted on 28/12/20 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Mildly modified !?!

The best attempt are trying to prep a car for the journey, the other two were typically retarded.

A fun watch, as always.

Such hard graft though, over the years those guys have done a few journeys where I have not envied their jobs at all. Proper hard dangerous slogs.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

steve m

posted on 29/12/20 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Does any one still watch these 3 idiots?
As its the same stupid idiotic story with different cars and places/countries

Just my opinion, as the whole story line, wether it be Clarkson, May, and Halfwit, or the other three that i only watched once, is the same drivel, week on week, and is more akin to a Childrens programme

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

James

posted on 29/12/20 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Does any one still watch these 3 idiots?
As its the same stupid idiotic story with different cars and places/countries

Just my opinion, as the whole story line, wether it be Clarkson, May, and Halfwit, or the other three that i only watched once, is the same drivel, week on week, and is more akin to a Childrens programme

steve

Apparently enough to justify a 3-year, £170m contract from Amazon Prime.

Any minute now we'll conclude that different people enjoy different things eh?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

steve m

posted on 29/12/20 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
We do James,

For one, you like kicking people all over the park, and i dont !!!

I like Fosters, but no one else admits to such a poofy weak larger,

We are all different, and the last episode of TG i saw, that we enjoyed, was when the 3 idiots crossed the channel in a pickup, Triumph herald, and some Jap crap

I do like Clarkson, and May is quite interesting, but the other twerp needs you to go to the park for some low level practise

We watched one episode of the new incarnation, with Freddy Flintoff, and within 10 mins turned it off, it was as funny as watching the Crankies, Childrens entertainment,

Its a personal choice, but i rarely watch TV, unless there is something decent to watch, so my tv, is just an ornament, in the corner,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

perksy

posted on 29/12/20 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I enjoyed it and they work well together as a unit
The format is what it is and it must be difficult for them to produce something they haven't done before in some shape or form

Like all entertainment its matter of personal choice, Just like cars, Just like many things (inc beer)

I don't like the new top gear, but enjoyed the old trio before they moved onto a better deal

We had a young neighbour who sadly had a terminal illness and on his bucket list was to meet Clarkson, May and Hammond when they were at Top Gear which he did and they were brilliant with him

snapper

posted on 31/12/20 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Its a personal choice, but i rarely watch TV, unless there is something decent to watch, so my tv, is just an ornament, in the corner,

Strange that for something you rarely watch you have such a strong opinion...

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

SJ

posted on 31/12/20 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Certainly for me GT is without doubt the best thing on telly by a mile. Not that there is much competition mind.

Having said that what Steve said is undoubtably true "As its the same stupid idiotic story with different cars and places"

robertst

posted on 31/12/20 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
I just couldn't believe my eyes watching that Caterham take such abuse! At one point I thought "OK he must have bent a wishbone by now"

Tom

Irony

posted on 31/12/20 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Bit old hat on here blasting that particular trio. Boring.

Anyway, I watched it, sniggered occasionally but was flabbergasted at the Caterham. The chassis looked so stiff......

BenB

posted on 1/1/21 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
TG was years past peak when it moved and the few GT shows I watched (we have it so could do) made me realise the trend had continued. It's not a car show and it's not ad-lib. It's scripted throughout. At that point you realise for a sitcom it's not that funny- basically the same joke each episode ad nauseum.
Deckman001

posted on 2/1/21 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I enjoy it, I don't watch them every week or months so just occasionally really and they always make me laugh, either at them or with them lol

Jason

christim

posted on 2/1/21 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
How that caterham survived getting through that sh**ty water without flooding or clogging up is amazing....either that or they edited out the breakdowns it had!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.