Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: missing wishbone dimensions
davimora

posted on 19/11/02 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
missing wishbone dimensions

Hi all,

at page 76, drawing 6.8a there are many dimensions missing i think, and is not clear how to assemble it.
Who have the "real thing", can contact me (d_mora@yahoo.com) and/or take some pictures?

Regards,
Davide

Billywhizz

posted on 19/11/02 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I had the same problem when i came to make this part, I emailed Jim at tiger for some extra dimensions so I could produce the laser cut part, His reply was most unhelpfull he said that as long as centre dia of laser cut was right it didn,t matter.
In the end I found the best way was to enlarge the drawing by photo copying it as its all to scale. I have a drawing for the laser cut which I will try to scan and email you if this helps. I have made all the wishbones and they seem too be O.k

Viper

posted on 19/11/02 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Billywhizz
Hi

I had the same problem when i came to make this part, I emailed Jim at tiger for some extra dimensions so I could produce the laser cut part, His reply was most unhelpfull he said that as long as centre dia of laser cut was right it didn,t matter.
In the end I found the best way was to enlarge the drawing by photo copying it as its all to scale. I have a drawing for the laser cut which I will try to scan and email you if this helps. I have made all the wishbones and they seem too be O.k

I think the reason for the unhelpfulness is because they are not intrested unless you are parting with cash..and i dont think they could tell you any way, i bought my wisbones from them (which i am sending back) and the part you mention is different on each wishbone, the tubes that hold the bushes are not parallel and one of them are not even flat. i wonder if they will refund my money, oh yes and if you plan to use polybushes don't use tigers dims for the tube because the only bushes you will get to fit will be from tigers northern agent and they are expensive and are real low quality (they are going back as well)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
davimora

posted on 20/11/02 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi All!

Thank to Billywhizz, for the pictures.
Since there are so many "imperfections" in the book, i'm building a website with a 3d chassis, wishbones.. etc.
Unfortunely i'm in Italy, and i here the tube sizes are slightly different.

About Dudley, i think it's just his character. I asked some informations about *buy* a Cat, but the kind of answers was the same.

Regards,
Davide

davimora

posted on 25/11/02 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Billywhizz, can you give me the bushes dimensions? (i saw your reply in the previous topic)

Another question about the 29mm, tube of page 76, (M20 x 1.5mm) and the thread cap of page 77.
This parts are custom made or there are standard parts available? (i'm not from uk)

Regards,
Davide

davimora

posted on 25/11/02 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Billywhizz, can you give me the bushes dimensions? (i saw your reply in the previous topic)

Another question about the 29mm, tube of page 76, (M20 x 1.5mm) and the thread cap of page 77.
This parts are custom made or there are standard parts available? (i'm not from uk)

Regards,
Davide

gjn200

posted on 25/11/02 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Tiger customer service

Re whats been said recently about tiger.

I live close so go to see them personally and have always had good service even though I have yet to pay them any big cash, Jim however I have only seen once and although he was very busy took me out in the demonstrator Avon, I get the chassis this week and will have a good nose about at there parts place and inform back on anything you might need to know!

Graham

chrisg

posted on 25/11/02 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I think the real problem is that if you just buy the book and then make everything yourself the only profit Tiger see is a bit off the book. They'd much rather sell you the bits, so if you ring up with a question, ralated to making something, there's no money in talking to you = no interest.

Maybe it's a short sighted view, as anyone who's regular on here will know that word of mouth can be a big marketing tool, get a reputation for being......erm.....unhelpful, people will go elsewhere.

You pays your money..............

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Billywhizz

posted on 25/11/02 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
29mm tube on page 76

Hi

Davimora
I made the 29mm tube myself, i dont think they are a standard part, You can buy threaded wishbone tube from lolocost but it has a 18mm x 1.5 pitch thread for use with a different sort of ford transit top ball joint, But I can't see why you couldn't use this instead and you would be able to use the cheaper ball joints only 8quid per pair.
I will try to measure a supension bush tommorow, only problem being I have pressed them all into the wishbones now.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.