Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Am I diluded?
Garf_sv

posted on 3/12/02 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Am I diluded?

With the spiraling cost of my current car's insurance, having a large amount of spare time, an urge to create something and my brother already building a kit car I am tempted to start myself.

I was tempted by the bright lights and low cost of the Avon (and maybe a little from the name Tiger as even a few of my brothers friends who own Westfields seem to rate them).... but from what I am reading this may seem a less than brilliant choice.

I was hoping that I could get many of the bits and pieces from Tiger in their kits as to keep things ticking over and lessening the pain of sourcing them (I know that this is a more expensive option).

Is this a foulish plan?
Are there beter options?

All info greatfully recieved.

Cheers

Garf

chrisg

posted on 3/12/02 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy it all from Tiger - very expensive, You can make it all yourself - Cheaper, but as far as I can see you'd be a pioneer, I don't *think*anyones done it this way.

Or anywhere in between.

maybe you should look at MK, Stuart Taylor or Luego as alternatives, but in the end it depends how much you've got to spend Caterhams at the top end price wise down to building your own Locost from scratch.

HTH

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.