Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fitting Wishbones with Polybushes
supercat

posted on 16/4/07 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Fitting Wishbones with Polybushes

Any tips on how to do this? The problem I have is the brackets aren't really far enough apart once the lip of the polybush has been added, I could bend the bracket out a bit but then it wouldn't present a flat face to the bush? Any ideas or tips?

Cheers, James

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 16/4/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Normally it's the other way round- that the holder is to wide for the wishbone with polybush and washers are needed to spacer things out a bit....

If it's a little bit too large I'd probably just put the washer on the outside as normal and tighten it up and see what it looks like... If it's way too wide something's wrong- you might need to grind off the end of the wishbone tube off.... but I'd be suprised....

flange nut

posted on 16/4/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
As you are building an Avon I would contact Tiger and ask why the bushes don't fit the frame brackets. How much bigger are the bushes?

Geoff

supercat

posted on 16/4/07 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
The bushes themselves fit into the brackets fine on their own. The problem is when I put the wishbone in place, because the poly bushes have a lip they dont quite line up. Its a bit difficult to explain without a picture.

James

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gixxerpat

posted on 16/4/07 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the story with the inserts,do they protrude past the bush or are they inside the bush when fitted to the wishbone?.sounds like the w/bone tube is a tad wide.

[Edited on 16/4/07 by gixxerpat]

supercat

posted on 16/4/07 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
This is what I mean:

Avon Wishbone with polybush
Avon Wishbone with polybush

The lip of bush on the right overlaps the bracket by about 2mm, wouldn't be a problem fitting if the normal bushes where there......

James

[Edited on 16/4/07 by supercat]

flange nut

posted on 16/4/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ah yes, standard Avon build tolerances - allegedly.

Geoff

gixxerpat

posted on 17/4/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
MMM..you could move one or both brackets, or maybe take a mill off each bush and fit a washer to each untouched side...
DaveFJ

posted on 17/4/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
brute force and ignorance - they'll fit!

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.