Board logo

In tank fuel pump + swirl pot
sky - 13/11/13 at 08:10 AM

Hi everyone,
My ZX-12R Striker has the original Kawasaki in-tank fuel pump and haven't the return line from the injectors.
Now, I want to add a fuel swirl pot to prevent fuel surge.
There is a simple way to realize it without adding a return line and a fuel pressure regulator?
In my mind there are only two options: move the original fuel pump from the tank to the swirl pot and to use a low pressure pump as lifter between the tank and the pot (I dont'like very much to modify the fuel tank)
OR let the original ZX-12R pump in tank and use it as a lifter to the swirl pot where I've to add inside ANOTHER stock ZX-12R pump, if there is enough room.

Thanks
Regards.

Twin40 - 13/11/13 at 09:19 AM

Go with your first option mate, put the high pressure pump into the swirl pot and get yourself a lifter pump for the tank.

Sorted!

sky - 13/11/13 at 10:01 AM

Yes, I understand it's conceptually the simplest way, but I really wouldn't modify my fuel tank.

The second option would work?

Twin40 - 13/11/13 at 12:00 PM

Its something i'm planning to do on mine, doesn't require a tank modification.

Simply remove the orginal pump and replace with a plate adapter like this:

then hook that to the low pressure pump, which then feeds the new swirl pot/high pressure pump setup.

You may have problems running a high pressure pump to another high pressure pump. I'm not 100% sure though. Maybe someone else can confirm?

mark chandler - 13/11/13 at 03:09 PM

You will need a return on the swirl pot or it will empty itself as the pumps caviate introducing air which will gradually displace the fuel in the pot.