Board logo

I'm a Lucky B....................!
nitram38 - 15/5/08 at 04:33 PM

I entered a online comp from renault uk when I recently applied for their renault weekend tickets.
I have just won 2 British GP tickets for 6th July!
Any tips for getting there, parking etc?

macspeedy - 15/5/08 at 04:39 PM

you are a lucky b.............!

nitram38 - 15/5/08 at 04:42 PM

I never normally win anything, so most of the time I don't bother entering these.
I really don't know why I did this time!

clairetoo - 15/5/08 at 04:48 PM

quote:

Any tips for getting there, parking etc?

Dead easy - so that you wont have to worry about all that nonsense I`ll take you in my car

rallyingden - 15/5/08 at 04:58 PM

Could you please pick me 6 numbers from 1 to 49

Well Done
RD

nstrug - 15/5/08 at 05:18 PM

Go by bike if possible - its miserable by car.

Nick

matt_claydon - 15/5/08 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
I never normally win anything, so most of the time I don't bother entering these.

There could be a link there

chuffy - 15/5/08 at 05:33 PM

Me too

DIY Si - 15/5/08 at 05:35 PM

Getting to Silverstone can be a right ball ache during the grand prix week. The best bet is to try and stay somewhere local and either walk in to the circuit or some places do a cross country rangie/landie ride in to the circuit. Is camping a problem for you? If not, the best bet is to camp somewhere in/around Silverstone as the B&B's tend to be booked years in advance or are stupidly expensive.

carlgeldard - 15/5/08 at 08:39 PM

I won tickets for qualifying last year and it was a brilliant day out. You will need to go to a disused airfield near Banbury to collect the tickets .You will then be given a car windscreen pitstop wash then breakfast,coffee,packed lunch ,hat ,tee shirt,and other goodies. You then make you way to Silverstone were you will find you grandstand seats in the Luffield complex. I don't think you' ed like it I'll go in your place

Carl

carlgeldard - 15/5/08 at 08:54 PM

This is were we had to be for 7.30am on the day

nitram38 - 15/5/08 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carlgeldard
I won tickets for qualifying last year and it was a brilliant day out. You will need to go to a disused airfield near Banbury to collect the tickets .You will then be given a car windscreen pitstop wash then breakfast,coffee,packed lunch ,hat ,tee shirt,and other goodies. You then make you way to Silverstone were you will find you grandstand seats in the Luffield complex. I don't think you' ed like it I'll go in your place

Carl

You mean that there is more!!!!!
I must be really lucky to get race day then

Simon - 15/5/08 at 10:09 PM

Couldn't you make a day of it, and charter a helicopter in

ATB

Simon

Jon Ison - 15/5/08 at 10:22 PM

Ok, your tickets are for race day, Sunday ?

Travel there during qualifying on Saturday and camp over, its a party atmosphere on most of the campsites so little or no sleeping is allowed. Enjoy.

nitram38 - 16/5/08 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Ok, your tickets are for race day, Sunday ?

Travel there during qualifying on Saturday and camp over, its a party atmosphere on most of the campsites so little or no sleeping is allowed. Enjoy.

Judging by carlgeldard's post, you have to pick the tickets up on the day from Banbury, so going the day before defeats the object.

carlgeldard - 17/5/08 at 10:59 AM

Probably next to impossible due to the one way system going into Silverstone .When you need to go the other way to Banbury.