Board logo

R1 engine 2007 4c8 airbox modification
Weelee - 5/1/17 at 07:49 PM

Hi there just fitted a r1 4c8 engine looking for some ideas of of what to do with airbox weather it's fit a sausage filter or if someone sell a modified box for them any idea would be great cheers lee

jelly head - 6/1/17 at 08:11 AM

I was undecided what was best because it meant binning the adjustable velocity stacks but it would have been nice to have kept them.

I finished up chopping the original airbox up to retain the bottom set then i build my own box around them to take a filer on top, which was a pain as there is the T/B servo motor in the way.

I have seen a set up where a sausage filter was mounted higher up on long spacers but it looked flimsy.

Probably easiest way is to chop a hole in the bonnet and use the original airbox, not much help i know....

Weelee - 6/1/17 at 04:47 PM

Got it all sorted now lad, what I did was cut off the bit where the standard air filter would sit in the air box and got a px600 base plate and cut it all out so I could keep the stacks still moving will just have to cut a hole in bonnet filter will stick out about 80mm.

Got some pics for anybody doing this in future.

TimC - 7/1/17 at 12:30 AM

Incidentally, the variable stacks are only any use at low throttle openings - and certainly for track work they just won't serve a material purpose. Keep the motor wired though.

My solution to your original question was not very locost but I'm happy with it - modified Reverie trumpet tray and ITG JC filter. Best seen here if interested:
https://youtu.be/v2jAgsKaf5c