Board logo

919 Blade MOT setup advice
Neadles - 26/7/17 at 03:48 PM

Having bought the car with an MOT and not having ever done one as used on track only. I have began looking into things and the log book looks like it needs a full emissions test. I wasn't given a CAT with the car it is a 97 919 carb'd blade.

I really am not good with bike engines or carbs so I need some advice how to get it through an MOT.

I get it I need to fit a CAT and adjust the exhaust position.
The carbs were set up by Damien at Day tuner a few years ago and I remember him drilling out some holes which I guess we're the air correctors and he changed the main jets.

So I suppose I want some advice on what to do with the carbs for the low down end, do I lean out on the adjuster screws and change the clip height on the sliders? Doni need to block the air corrector up again?

Any a dive would be appreciated as I can't seem to find any write ups on it.

asn163 - 27/7/17 at 04:42 PM

How is the car registered? If it is on a Q plate you may be able to get away with a visual smoke only test. If you are on an age related , I think you will be tied to the emissions applicable to the date.
I have a Q plate on mine and always been visual smoke only.

OliilO - 27/7/17 at 05:28 PM

I'd suggest just finding a local independent garage with a bit of an interest in unusual cars may yield the simplest result.

Neadles - 27/7/17 at 07:33 PM

It's an 05 age related plate and the emissions are on the v5

dmrider_10 - 28/7/17 at 06:17 AM

As above, find a proper garage....... If youre doing this purely to pass MOT ans then revert back to your original setup as soon as its passed, i dont see any moral difference to just getting a more leniant tester to do it