Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Andy Bates? Anyone seen him
Stevie_P

posted on 5/1/17 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
I had a U2U conversation with Andy a week or so ago.
It does seem as if he's had health issues which have knocked him back a bit but was very quick to reply to my request to get some work done.

I should also mention I spent nearly an hour on the phone to him one Saturday morning discussing issues with running a 1998 fireblade engine and getting it ready for IVA.
Was very helpful and more than happy to chat.
This being a weekend and when he had other work on I thought was top notch of him.

Steve

loggyboy

posted on 5/1/17 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by terry brown
BTTT

Why?

Mistral Motorsport

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 5/1/17 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
BTTT

Why?

Wants attention.

POPCORN!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

scootz

posted on 6/1/17 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
BTTT

Why?

It's Evolution Baby!

loggyboy

posted on 6/1/17 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Unless there any new information to add i think its time for an admin lock?

Mistral Motorsport

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I think people should read the posts again...
Getting a reply can be difficult.
Again i cant drive 4 hrs to remind that my car is still waiting for bits from JULY
Again if you have had great service glad for you, whats the relevance?
Again if the only way to get a reply is to post here ill happily continue.
Again i am aware of andys health problems, that doesnt affect fingers and texts, calls, emails etc..
And if you can please as i requested keep comments either contructive or relevant thatd be a start...

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Whys that then mush? Is there something that offends you?
Or someone else?
Unless you've got something constructive to say..
Does this concern you in any way?

Didnt think so...

Dopdog

posted on 6/1/17 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Or someone else?

Didnt think so...

Your quite right it concerns none of us so stop your whinging about YOUR issue on a public forum. Man up and have a proper conversation in private with Andy

That's about as constructive as I can get mush?

loggyboy

posted on 6/1/17 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly your posting on a public forum, so if you don't want comments from all, then keep it private, you cant expect to have your say and not allow others to.
This thread has run its course, you've had your say, Andy has replied. Unless you have anything new to add top whats already been said then its pointless bumping the thread.

If this is the attitude you have in all aspects of your life then i'm not surprised Andy gave up with dealing with you.

[Edited on 6-1-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Or if you actually read any of the threads he doesn't reply, read the threads not just part of it. Youd have the same feelings if youd coughed up £4.5k and then had to do the work just paid for again... But your not in that situation so wouldnt know that feeling.
How else do i contact someone who doesnt reply? Not even private messages, yes i did that privately by text, email, msn and calls, with no response.
He was supposed to send a part to me I'm sat waiting for, if you'd read the post, I'm still waiting, it'll be nearly a month after the last time he says it'll be with me if it arrives, no contact, nowt. Just silence.
What else can i do to get him to reply? It was just last night he emailed me saying hed forgot, again, you wouldnt put up with this level of service, no warranty at all. Theres a slick of oil under my car thats leaking from somewhere... But I've paid thousands to have the work done and have to do the work myself... But thats fine, andy does no wrong.. He says hell send the missing part... Ill wait n see.
Im not too impressed to be honest. I inspect and test cars for a living and know how they should be given to customers. This isnt what is expected.
Again, you'd do exactly the same.
Again read the text its been posted already instead of jumping in with both feet and not knowing whats been going on. I BTTT to get andy to reply... He doesnt answer only to people it seems are about to spend money, but it you have a genuine issue, you try it...

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
quote:
quote:

Or someone else?

Didnt think so...

Your quite right it concerns none of us so stop your whinging about YOUR issue on a public forum. Man up and have a proper conversation in private with Andy

That's about as constructive as I can get mush?

Zzzzzz nowt to do with you so why comment? Isnt that trolling? Provoking people when its not your concern

As i said, if you cant contribute constructively dont bother unless your simply after provocation?

scootz

posted on 6/1/17 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
You started this thread as a means of raising issues with Andy over your engine build... and Andy has replied. Surely the thread has served it's purpose?

So why 'BTTT' it - and particularly so when you had nothing of further relevance to add?

Only you and Andy know what has gone on here. The rest of us are onlookers.

But if we are to form opinions...

Well, Andy is well known and respected on this Forum (and many others). Personally, I've had many dealings with him and I am comfortable in saying that he is as straight an arrow as you are likely to find in this business.

But who are you? We can only go on the posts you write... and if truth be told, you're not doing yourself any favours whatsoever here!

It's Evolution Baby!

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Firstly your posting on a public forum, so if you don't want comments from all, then keep it private, you cant expect to have your say and not allow others to.
This thread has run its course, you've had your say, Andy has replied. Unless you have anything new to add top whats already been said then its pointless bumping the thread.

If this is the attitude you have in all aspects of your life then i'm not surprised Andy gave up with dealing with you.

[Edited on 6-1-17 by loggyboy]

I'm not saying don't have a say, just contribute if its constructive, simply posting your experience with andy is how constructive? Not at all. The posts are here to get some sort of response. Read the op why i posted here. He doesnt reply if he has warranty issues, unless pushed to the limit? Tell me how to contact him other than how ive already done so? Remember my car was collected july last year and came out of there with half a dozen major concerns ALL i had to repair myself after id just paid him to do so... Wouldnt you feel pissed off if you were ignored? Health problems or not picking up a fone for 5 seconds is not too difficult. I expected to drive away with no problems.. Didnt happen did it, regardless of how many others have had "great service" yea and what has that got to do with it? Nothing.

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
You started this thread as a means of raising issues with Andy over your engine build... and Andy has replied. Surely the thread has served it's purpose?

So why 'BTTT' it - and particularly so when you had nothing of further relevance to add?

Only you and Andy know what has gone on here. The rest of us are onlookers.

But if we are to form opinions...

Well, Andy is well known and respected on this Forum (and many others). Personally, I've had many dealings with him and I am comfortable in saying that he is as straight an arrow as you are likely to find in this business.

But who are you? We can only go on the posts you write... and if truth be told, you're not doing yourself any favours whatsoever here!

I bttt cos i know he reads this. He wont answer ANY texts, emails nowt, if youd paid big money for work would you acxept poor quality? I certainly won't. He is a good guy i know that BUT my car left there witj serious issues most came from damage. You wouldnt accept that would you?
As i said, the bttt was a way to give him a reminder. Had nothing to do with others, but people waded in guns blazing.

scootz

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
You posted - Andy replied.

Nothing more is going to come of this via this medium.

This is NOT the forums purpose!

It's Evolution Baby!

terry brown

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
You posted - Andy replied.

Nothing more is going to come of this via this medium.

This is NOT the forums purpose!

Well bugger me, never knew that...

scootz

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
... and now you do.

Goodbye!

It's Evolution Baby!

Minicooper

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
If it was your money and time, you lot would be singing a different tune, I would expect it to be perfect nothing less

David

scootz

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
If it was my money, I was not happy with the service, and I was not getting anywhere with direct communication, then I would either be on my way down to see the person with whom I was having the problem, or I'd be seeking legal redress.

I would not be going round in circles on an internet forum!

It's Evolution Baby!

tegwin

posted on 6/1/17 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Minicooper

posted on 6/1/17 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

I have in excess of a thousand posts I am not a troll

David

steve m

posted on 6/1/17 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
David, if im reading al the posts correctly, I don't think the troll comment was aimed at you

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.