Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: canted carbs on blade
andyfiggy2002

posted on 15/12/16 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
canted carbs on blade

the age old dilema for BECs if u wanna do trackdays need to get noise down, problem is how do I get a non OEM airbox to fit under the bonnet to address induction noise?
I have 38mm carbs on my 893cc blade that has so far run sweet with a sausage air filter. This got me thinking about canting carbs down a bit to lesson the angle so a larger airbox will fit, the 4 rubber boots that hold the carbs to the head are straight rubber tubes but I can't find 38mm angled ones on the interweb only 40mm angled ones for a 2002/2003 R1, question is will it affect performance of the engine or the operation of the float bowl level if I fit these angular ones & secondly will I be able to do the jubilee clips up enough to take out the 2mm difference without the carbs acting as though they're sitting on a slab of jelly???Yamaha YZF-R1 YZFR1 2002 2003 Carburettor Carb To Cyclinder Head Rubbers Pack 4

CosKev3

posted on 16/12/16 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Are they Deffo angled?

As I'm sure they are straight the same as my early carbed R1 engine.

Could be a generic picture used on Ebay,also the listing details are incorrect as the 2002/2003 is fuel injected.

CosKev3

posted on 16/12/16 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
YAMAHA YZF R1 2002 2003 02 03 5PW RN09 THROTTLE BODIE RUBBER CLAMPS INTAKE DUCTS
LBMEFM

posted on 16/12/16 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
I originally used a foam sausage but was never happy with it. So I fitted the original Blade air box by turning it upside down it then has clearance under the bonnet and because it is designed for that engine it's perfectly balanced and I felt it gave the engine a better performance. I also ran two flexible pipes from the intakes and up to a bracket to take in cool air from the bonnet scoop and fitted a s/steel sleeve with a mesh on the opening I painted mine silver and put a K&N sticker on it just to bling it up a bit. Looks good and works well and is easy to fit.
andyfiggy2002

posted on 16/12/16 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks for info, anyone know of any other angled 38mm rubbers used on other bikes that I could consider?
CosKev3

posted on 16/12/16 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
How much room have you got above cars to bonnet?

If you can't do as above and rework the blade box a custom made one would be better imo than altering the carb angle.

avagolen

posted on 16/12/16 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
This is a picture of the carb rubbers I have used fro my ZX6R carbs. Ebay a couple of years ago.

38mm.

Angled and grooved which helps keep them on. These look similar....

Kawasaki GPZ 900 R ZX900A1 1984 Carb Carburettor to Head Rubbers Pack of 4

carbs
carbs

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

snapper

posted on 17/12/16 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Or fluro lined silicon hoses but you will need Miklor clamps and fixed supports for carb to manifold/engine to stop them slipping off.
I have run carbs flat and level with no issues

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

andyfiggy2002

posted on 17/12/16 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Ok , i will look for some silicone hose elbows just to bring the carbs down a bit

[Edited on 18/12/16 by andyfiggy2002]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.